Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Vb.Net] WebCam Class (ICam)

Lively Member

Re: [Vb.Net] WebCam Class (ICam)

I have previewed the badgersecuritycam project listed in this thread... I am wondering if there is a way to grab the rgb values of detected moving objects? For example, if I wanted to look specifically for something yellow, or red. Is that possible? If so can someone recommend how to implement it?

hi. i am having problem to create a gui to produce a webcam video. can anyone help of got sample code to generate this. and did anyone know or interrelate to do face detection. anybody did this before.....plz help me

Addicted Member

Hello Pino,

Can you guide me if what to changed in your code so that it can start 2 camera?because i need to capture image from both camera simultaneously in 1 button hit..

hope u can help me.thanks

Re: getting picture of moving object. how ?

dear friends,

Imagine a conveyor band with boxed moving over it. they pass in front of the camera one by one. I need to get picture each of boxes but I don't know how. how can I decide when I get the picture ? I cannot use conveyor speed and timing because boxes are in different shapes and the space among them are not even. if camera is 30fps and a box passes by in front of camera in 3 seconds, it means there are 3x30=90 pictures. of course I should select the one that centers the box in the camera but I don't know how. also moving speed is not constant. I need an algorithm that says "okay there's a box in front of me, lets get the picture and save it".

can anyone obtain me information or sample that gets pictures of boxes while they are passing by in front of camera ?

in other words, you'll wave your hand at the camera and on each pass it will get ONE picture of your hand, roughly at the middle of camera.

Re: getting picture of moving object. how ?

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOfGhost View Post
    dear friends,

Imagine a conveyor band with boxed moving over it. they pass in front of the camera one by one. I need to get picture each of boxes but I don't know how. how can I decide when I get the picture ? I cannot use conveyor speed and timing because boxes are in different shapes and the space among them are not even. if camera is 30fps and a box passes by in front of camera in 3 seconds, it means there are 3x30=90 pictures. of course I should select the one that centers the box in the camera but I don't know how. also moving speed is not constant. I need an algorithm that says "okay there's a box in front of me, lets get the picture and save it".

can anyone obtain me information or sample that gets pictures of boxes while they are passing by in front of camera ?

in other words, you'll wave your hand at the camera and on each pass it will get ONE picture of your hand, roughly at the middle of camera.
    You could code it to check if the colour of the picture in the middle is different from what the conveyor usually is(assuming the conveyor is more or less the same colour everywhere.)

Useful CodeBank Entries of mine
    Expand Function
    Code Compiler
    Sudoku Solver
    HotKeyHandler Class

Read this to get Effective help on VBForums
    Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF

Frenzied Member

Hi,

Exellent code. I have a problem tho. I am testing it on a tablet which has two cameras. I see the WDM Image Capture but when I run it it prompts for a capture source which show front and rear camera but when I select one nothing happens.

Help help plz.

Jiggy!

Hello pino and everyone. I have a problem with my project that using class cam. I want my application to recording video. It's Work! But freeze when start recording video until i hit a key or hit mouse. Timer wont run when recording video. any solution? Help me..
    sorry my bad english

Please don't doubt yourself! This code is awesome and has given me the power to complete my project. I'd recommend it to anyone!
    Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Lloyd Duatin View Post
    thnx so much i will be working with this.. well as i can see you used the lockbits. i saw that in c# and add me up in YM macrulz2004.. haha.. il add saving of image when motion detected plus sms sending when motion detected plus email.. i did it back in vb6,0.. thanx so much dont forget to add me. we can work with this together haha thnx
    the website is not working, I can not download the file. Can any good people re-attach the detection file? Thanks

I have a problem using ICam with two cameras.
    The cams are declares as

Private Cam1 As iCam
    Private Cam2 As iCam

then I call the initialization

Cam1.initCam(Me.pbCam1.Handle.ToInt32)
    Cam2.initCam(Me.pbCam2.Handle.ToInt32)

where pbCam1 and pbCam2 are the two pictureboxes for the preview window.

Starting the device selection dialog for the first camera opens and everything works fine for the first cam.
    Initialization of the second cam most times causes an "Error setting up camera"
    I then changed my code to start the initialization of both cameras separately with a click to a button. When I wait several seconds after initialization of the first cam the second one comes up with its own device select dialog and then it works. When I run in debug mode and run step by step through the code of initCam I never run into an error.
    Does anybody know this problem and a solution for it?

Thanks in advance
    computerschrat

computerschrat,

As iCam is the name of the class, you cannot initiate 2 instances of it.
    Therefore, i suggest that you use
    Application.Run(New iCam()) # then, in each iCam, do iCam.initcam(~~~)
    I'm really not sure if this works but it sounds good enough to me
    Application.Run(New iCam()) 'purposely written twice for 2 cameras
    so that you get 2 iCams without confusing the debugger- it knows that your code only allows one camera, and when you tell it to make 2, it gets all hot and bothered
    Hope this helps
    Rixterz
    ###I CHANGED THIS POST SO YOU SHOULD RE-READ IT!###
    By the way, kommen Sie aus Deutschland?
    Last edited by Rixterz; Jan 30th, 2013 at 11:46 AM.

Rixterz,

Thank you for the quick response. I will try as soon as possible and then let you know if I was succsessful. As I will be off for some days that may take a while.

Regards
    computerschrat

Very Very Helpful I just sign up this site to say thank for this clas. Thanks Alot @pino

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123