I have a network of about 55 computers (netware & NT) all running Win98 workstations. We have about 5 network printers and copiers to which a computer can print. What I'd like to do is build, if possible, a simple VB program to intercept what they are printing (from any application) and capture certain information about the print jobs before it gets sent off to the specified printer.

For example, when a user selects print from the menu in MS Word, and after the Ok button is pressed on the printers dialog window, have my program then pop up asking the user to fill in specific information (who they want to charge for the print job...this is typically an internal billing code, etc.).

The program would have to capture the name/driver of the printer users are printing to, the document they printed, number of pages, number of copies, date/time, etc.

Is/are there Windows API's to help in my programming of this application? I've been, unsuccessfully, searching MSDN, web sites, etc. on how to intercept/detect a print job. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks ahead of time...