Thread: Send From and To Browser Window

Send From and To Browser Window

YAY first time posting in here for 20 years. Not really, but close .

Anyway, I'm developing this application and I need to launch the application from a browser and output HTML/PHP. For example, the application is an EXE and outputs "<a href="http://vbforums.com">VBForums</a>". So, to launch that, you would go in your browser and type "C:\bla\bla\bla\thefile.exe" and it would output "VBForums" as a link going to VBForums...

Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Re: Send From and To Browser Window

Well...

You know how some programs, such as aim, can launch AIM through "aim://bla" or whatever? Is there any way I could do this, but instead of launching the program change the page to the outputted HTML/PHP?

For example, "prog://C:\bla\bla\bla\file.php" would change the page to "C:\bla\bla\bla\file.php". Why would I do this? Well, notice the .php.

I don't get it. Why would I open a program in my browser that would create a link to a website or a file, when I could just open the site, or program on my own? Are you sure you are doing something "good"? It sounds questionable.

This may sound kind of stupid. I'm going to create something where you can easily build and view PHP websites, without the need of installing a web server and PHP. I say it's stupid because PHP (the package, like php.exe, the interpreter, whatever) might have something like this in it... I don't know... I just know that the interpreter outputs HTML code, with the tags. I want to make it so you can see the website.

No, I'm not doing something "bad". Out of all people, me?... whatever.

I think that they have sites that let you enter php code that gets executed. it's on the web and not on your pc, but if you need more, php is free, and is an exension to IIS. visualad wrote a tutorial on loading php and mysql and something else. it's in the php forum. i want to say apache web server, too.

Check it out.

When you said you want to generate vbforums.htm I got suspicious, as you probably wouldn't specify the site that you'd want to spoof. It's just the way that it looked. It threw me off. I know you wouldn't do anything *wrong*

Nonono, I don't need it for myself. I was going to make something, but yeah, too many other ways people can do the same thing, so it would be useless. I have good hosting for my website, my own server with PHP, and PHP installed on my computer right here, so I definitely didn't need it, hehe.

All my ideas are stupid, lol.

Most of them start out stupid, but keep trying them out. Once in a while we all hit on a winner.

If I feel like it I guess I'll try.

I just need to come up with a new idea of how to start the page. I want it to be super easy, as an not having to click a button which launches a browser... But then there is no other way... ah whatever.

I guess resolved or closed, whatever.

Good Luck

Talking Re: Send From and To Browser Window

whats going on? how is this related to visual basic? in fact i didnt understand the question. do you want to create an executable file which in turn links you to a web page.
    www.tgpos.tk

the sentence below is correct
    the sentence above is wrong

couldnt he find the textbox and see if it says that file, and then do it?seems reasonable to me...

It's related to Visual Basic because I'm making the program in Visual Basic........ how would it not be?

|2eM!x, I guess that would work, but I would have to make it work for each individual browser.

This is what I want, but I don't know if it's possible. Say some person is making a PHP website. They don't want to get a web server and don't have hosting that supports PHP. Well, they create a PHP file with something like 'echo "welcome";'. This is just an example. Well, my program would allow them to view the PHP page without having to install PHP or a web server. They would go like "myprogram://C:\web design\testing\welcome.php" and it would change the page to have it 'echo' "welcome".

Get it?