Thread: status bar menu item. [Resolved]

Resolved status bar menu item. [Resolved]

Hello all, I'm using Visual Studio .NET 2003, and I have an application that displays text in the status bar when the mouse hovers over a menu item. I'm just using the menuItem_Select event. However, how do I get it, so when the mouse leaves the menu item that the status bar resets? The way it is right now after the text is changed and the user leaves the menu, the last status bar messge that it was changed to stays, and there isn't an event for a deselect or anything like that. Thanks!
    Last edited by chadwickmurky; Feb 18th, 2005 at 04:16 PM.

Re: status bar menu item.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwickmurky
    Hello all, I'm using Visual Studio .NET 2003, and I have an application that displays text in the status bar when the mouse hovers over a menu item. I'm just using the menuItem_Select event. However, how do I get it, so when the mouse leaves the menu item that the status bar resets? The way it is right now after the text is changed and the user leaves the menu, the last status bar messge that it was changed to stays, and there isn't an event for a deselect or anything like that. Thanks!
    yeah the menu itself doesnt have an event for that, but Windows.Forms has an event for when the menu loses focus. Try this, it works

Private Sub Form1_MenuComplete(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.MenuComplete
    StatusBar1.Text = ""
    End Sub
    rate my posts if they help ya!
    Extract thumbnail without reading the whole image file: (C# - VB)
    Apply texture to bitmaps: (C# - VB)
    Extended console library: (VB)
    Save JPEG with a certain quality (image compression): (C# - VB )
    VB.NET to C# conversion tips!!

Re: status bar menu item.

yeah that works, thanks!