Thread: Panel Control Migration

Arrow Panel Control Migration

Hi Folks,
    What is a panel control? Is is the same as frame? I am facing COM InterOp issues on migrating. A specific control AxThreed.AxSSPanel refused to migrate. I need to use some replacement for this control.

Other issue is that I am not able to use this control in my VB 6 project. It screams for licence information.

Cheers,
    Abhijit
    Last edited by MartinLiss; Jan 17th, 2005 at 12:30 PM.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

Hyperactive Member Lil Ms Squirrel's Avatar

Re: Panel Control Migration

AXSSPanel sounds like a Sheridan control.

In .NET a panel behaves like a groupbox in that you can host other controls in it.

You will need to look at the behaviour it exhibits in the VB6 app and then determine if you do only require grouping functionality because I know some of the Sheridan controls provided other functionality like anchoring and sizing.

Having had a quick Google about though, it does look like it's just another container control. Try typing SSPanel and Sheridan into Google.

Hope this helps.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Dr. Seuss

Hi
    Installing vb6 on your dev. machine might solve the licensing issue.

Regards
    Jorge
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is."

I replaced the damn thing with groupbox controls. I am still facing a problem trying to get things up. the first form won't even load up in design view.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'

Angry Re: Panel Control Migration

Quote Originally Posted by Asgorath
    Hi
    Installing vb6 on your dev. machine might solve the licensing issue.

Regards
    Jorge
    Hey this is not working. I have got both VB5 and VS.NET on the machine.

Hyperactive Member Lil Ms Squirrel's Avatar

It would only work if the sheridan control was part of the VB5/6 installs which it's not. It's a third party component that your company has purchased and doesn't ship with VB.

Is there anyone who can tell you what it is/where you can get the install from?

If not, take a look in the code behind file. The task list should reveal any errors in the file that you can comment out.

You also need to remove any references to AxThreeD
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Dr. Seuss