Page 1600 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 60011001500155015901597159815991600160116021603161016501700 ... LastLast
Results 63,961 to 64,000 of 68853

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Are you talking about the MicroSoft Build discussions that kareninstructor posted a link to in the General Developers forum? If so, what did you think, worth watching?
    Yes, I'll have to go find that link.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

this thread reached more than 1k comments hahaha

nice to see somebody having fun even on the forum. have a good day, guys

BTW guys. This is an out of the blue question. I am planning to remodel my kitchen and I need your opinion guys which would you prefer. A granite or quartzite. Help me choose guys!

Go with either pergo or marshmallow. The former would be nearly useless as a counter top, so you'd have endless joy replacing parts of it, while the other would be edible...as long as it doesn't mold.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Balsa wood. Really easy to replace.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Any Rock will do!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Well, no, that's more like soft rock, which has a g-astley appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by jscully730 View Post
    BTW guys. This is an out of the blue question. I am planning to remodel my kitchen and I need your opinion guys which would you prefer. A granite or quartzite. Help me choose guys!
    Go with cement. Its the new trend, much cheaper too
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

I was thinking of doing cement for an outdoor grill station. Is it a do-it-yourself type of job?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

It can be. Probably some diy videos out there. Seen it on some home improvement shows. Looked easy

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Yeah, it takes a bit of learning, but it's easily within the diy area. You might go with a coarser layer with a finishing layer. It's that finishing layer that would scare me. There's something out there called something like pourable, or flowable, concrete, which should result in a smooth finish. I'd just be afraid that my pour would be poor.

one nice thing about it is that you can do tests cheaply. For example, you could mix up a small amount of concrete and fill something quite small, then put a finishing on that. You could do that to try it out, then move to a larger area where the cost of getting it wrong would be harder to take. With footings, I wouldn't bother, but for something like a cooking surface or patio, I think it would be a good first step.

I think you have cemented the idea quite well

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Well, it wasn't a concrete idea to begin with.

Besides, we haven't heard from szlamany since he posted that. Hopefully, he didn't fall into the mix and get set in his ways.

Im sure he will crush his way through the sand and rock to cement a success with his patent.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Well, considering where he's from, perhaps he went for a local video, and found one on cement sneakers rather than grill stations.

It's been raining for what appears to be 40 days and 40 nights here in New England - sucks! I've got nothing done since that post! Argh!!!!

Plus I'm very busy - real estate tax season is in full swing on top of just a slew of other new customer work.

My boys graduated from high school and turned 18 back on the day I posted that - I guess that means they have finally pulled that Sword from that Stone!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

OMG Steve I cant believe you have Hs graduates now! I still think you have pre-teens because of your avatar lol

Ps, we are getting old

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I was back in NH visiting family a couple weeks back. What really struck me is how completely my youth has ended. When I was growing up, I would spend hours wandering through the woods. I knew every rock, stream, marsh, pool, and many of the trees (not all, though, as there were a whole lot of them). Two changes were notable on this recent trip. The first is that the woods where I used to walk are now posted. Arrrrgggh. The second is that there are now ticks EVERYWHERE!!! In twenty plus years wandering all over that state, I saw a total of no more than half a dozen ticks, and probably half that number. I only was bitten by a tick one time. They were so rare that I wouldn't necessarily recognize them. On this trip, my sister and I walked down a grassy lane of about 100-200 meters distance. I then found two ticks on me, and my sister found one on her. In other words, I saw about as many ticks after a couple hundred meters as I had seen over twenty years in the NH woods. Even worse, everybody was talking about all the ticks they were seeing. We even overheard people talking about them in restaurants. People were clearly used to them, too, and lots of them are the Lyme carrying deer ticks.

There is no way that I would have survived had the deer ticks been as common in my day as they are now. Moose, bear, and turkeys have all returned to the state, which is nice, but the ticks are really disturbing.

@robdog - old, yes - but so proud of my boys I am! One just got a summer job as a life guard.

@shaggy - ticks are over the top the past few years. And the cicadas have all gone off cycle and appear pretty much at any time. So now we have 3 inch long cicadas killer wasps (who don't sting thank God!). And wildlife is really increasing - beaver, river otter, bobcats, fisher cats, coyote, black bear - all in a nearly coastal CT town between Bridgeport and New Haven. When I moved to CT from NYC almost 50 years ago we had nothing like this for wildlife!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I remember hiking the AT through CT during a cicada cycle. I was staying up late to watch a lunar eclipse...which was the last time I ever did that, because they aren't all that spectacular. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get to sleep due to the deafening roar of the cicadas. I did manage to track one down, though. Interesting looking insects.

Coyotes have made it....everywhere. They're an animal that will live in town alongside people, so we're just helping them. All the rest that you mentioned are awesome additions. I went back to the house where I grew up, which was about the best possible place for a biologist to grow up. My sister and I met up with the guy who bought the house. He told us that they had a bull moose standing on the lawn, recently. When I was growing up, it was said that moose couldn't live that far south due to a brain parasite that came from deer. Somebody changed, because there are now moose and the deer numbers have increased at the same time.

However, the 25 acres of field are now so tick infested that I would have had to be treated for lyme disease almost daily. That wouldn't have been good. I'd have ended up wearing a hazmat suit during the summer.

The ticks were ticking time bombs that have now exploded.

Well, they certainly tick me off.

But enough of this tick talk, I'm going cuckoo.

You don't know what cuckoo is.

Isn't it what happens when you get clocked in the head?

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    @robdog - old, yes - but so proud of my boys I am! One just got a summer job as a life guard.
    Next we will be hearing about grandkids!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

There was a time, not so long ago, when there were only a few active threads in Chit-Chat...now there are over a dozen. People are getting chatty.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    Next we will be hearing about grandkids!
    Spent too much time at Toad's Place - hearing is not quite what it used to be!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    There was a time, not so long ago, when there were only a few active threads in Chit-Chat...now there are over a dozen. People are getting chatty.
    I might be wrong, but it seems to me that in the last year or two there are less new threads daily in the major forums here. So we got more free time on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    Spent too much time at Toad's Place - hearing is not quite what it used to be!
    Hunh. I thought Jeremiah was a bullfrog.

I have a damn gopher or two in my back yard!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Is it a paying customer?

If not, I hear you can make replicas of its friends out of plastic explosive.

Is it a paying customer?

If not, I hear you can make replicas of its friends out of plastic explosive.
    My neighbor (2 houses up the hill on same side) caught a gopher with a buried trap the other day. We are wondering if it was just the one gopher doing all the destruction or several. However since its death I haven't seen any new signs of a gopher. os Im crossing my fingers that its a done deal now

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

You may well be lucky. I'm not sure how CA gophers compare to the NH gophers I am used to, but those had pretty wide territories, and while not exactly solitary, they weren't breeding like rabbits, either.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I'm not sure how CA gophers compare to the NH gophers I am used to
    Well, they probably use different gang signs for a start. And the East Coast Gophers will be into Notorious B I Gopher while the West coast will go for a mellower Tupaq Squirrel kind of a vibe.

I went looking for a Gangsta Gopher pic to make this post funny and it turns out the Gopher Gang were a real thing
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I assume they were part of some underground movement.

You may well be lucky. I'm not sure how CA gophers compare to the NH gophers I am used to, but those had pretty wide territories, and while not exactly solitary, they weren't breeding like rabbits, either.
    Still no new holes. Crossing fingers as still not out of the woods

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I assume they were part of some underground movement.
    Thats a dirty affiliation to to be a part of

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    Still no new holes. Crossing fingers as still not out of the woods
    I've never known gophers to be in the woods. Ours were always in the fields.

We tried a series of strange attempts to keep the woodchucks out of the gardens. One thing my father tried was peeing all the way around the perimeter of the garden. Unfortunately, it was a large garden, so he had to "save up" for that, which my mother put a stop to once the temperatures got warm enough.

Another thing we tried was putting a radio out in the middle of the garden playing the news. You couldn't play music, of course, because then you'd end up with gopher groupies. They'd be hanging out, smoking the weeds, and snacking on everything else. Whether the news really deterred anything was not clear. They may have just been staying away because they didn't know what "radioactive" meant, but knew it was a bad thing to be.

A third thing was me, camping out by the garden. That may have worked, though I slept through any incursions. Most likely, those oversized rodents were concerned about the loud, growling, beast in the nylon doghouse.

Page 1600 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 60011001500155015901597159815991600160116021603161016501700 ... LastLast