Page 1592 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 59210921492154215821589159015911592159315941595160216421692 ... LastLast
Results 63,641 to 63,680 of 68853

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

I’ve been terribly sick since Christmas Eve. I’ve finally decided to go to urgent care.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Hope you're OK, DD. And get well soon, Shaggy.

Just so everyone knows, I'm fine.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I'm now pretty good, too. I was up cross country skiing, yesterday evening. It was awesome, so I'll be headed up for another night today. The whole question was whether or not I'd be able to walk this morning. The first day of cross country skiing can leave me a bit sore. I'm not feeling too bad, so I'm up for more.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    I’ve been terribly sick since Christmas Eve. I’ve finally decided to go to urgent care.
    You have the flu? I had that terrible strain of it last year at this exact time. Had to go to the ER on New Years Eve.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    Had to go to the ER on New Years Eve.
    Talk about showing up at the ER for the B-team. Lucky they didn't amputate!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    Talk about showing up at the ER for the B-team. Lucky they didn't amputate!
    It was horrible! Last years flu strain was the worst ever! It was deadly too. Everybody and their mother was at the ER. Waiting room full, hallway people sitting on the floor waiting all down the hallway. They had to open up other departments waiting rooms for teh overflow. Took 6 hours to be seen!

I was nearly admitted because my heart rate and pressure was sky high and slow to react to the shot they gave for that. I got the flu shot this year first time ever to avoid dying from teh flu lol but I got sick after the shot still
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

I got the flu shot this year, too, and for the first time ever. I'm not sure that I've had the flu since I was young, and I'm not completely certain about that time, either.

In any case, I just had laryngitis, this time. Couldn't speak, but otherwise I was fine. Not a bad sickness, really.

I also did the flu shot first time ever this year. They were giving them at work - no charge.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

We have Kaiser and they provide it free as a walk in no appointment no dr visit needed. Table set up in the lobby.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

At work, they were just sticking us with needles. They didn't charge anything....but they didn't mention flu shots, either....

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    At work, they were just sticking us with needles. They didn't charge anything....but they didn't mention flu shots, either....
    You are now infected with fish guts and controlled by your bosses

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I also did the flu shot first time ever this year. They were giving them at work - no charge.
    in bed with chills since New years. Geez!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

You are now infected with fish guts and controlled by your bosses
    One man's fish is another man's poisson.

in bed with chills since New years. Geez!
    That's pretty much how I spent Christmas, but not New Years. You'll be better by next year, too.

Yeah, both my wife and I had the flu. I guess it was inevitable considering that both my kids had it. We were completely miserable and only now functioning somewhat.

So, how'd the trip to California go?

Its been raining off and on all weekend including today.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

He offered me $60k a year, which is lower than what I had hoped for. I don't know really what I am going to do.

PowerPoster

Where in Ca.??? $60K doesn't go far in some parts of Ca. Not if your paying $2,500 rent, that $30K a year. I love Ca. but I live in the Central Valley which has reasonable home prices.

That's what I was thinking. That would be good money in Idaho, but kind of meager in parts of CA.

It’s basically in between San Diego and Los Angeles. $2,500 is basically the average rent in that area. Plus while gas was $1.79 here it was $3.35 there. I really don’t want to move to the other side of the country, away from my family, and struggle to make ends meat.

Well, don't base anything on YOUR gas prices. I think you are in about the cheapest area in the country for gas. Comparing rent though....that's a different matter.

Yeah, we drill for it in the gulf and refine it in my town.

60K is a bit low. Gas is at a low right now so that $3.35 you see for 87 octane will go up in the spring by $0.50 or more easily. CA is taxed up the arse so figure you may have about $10k left to pay for utilities, car insurance, food and any bills you may have per year. $75K is probably a good rate for the area but the company may not be able to afford that. Hence the low offer. Go on to indeed.com and dice.com and search for jobs in that area. See what they are offering. That will help you gauge the offer best

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Changed my avatar to reflect what my avatar looks like on Roblox the graphic was made by a friend. I don't play roblox anymore but still talk to friends and run a roleplay group. It was fun once, it isn't much anymore I tried to pick up lua. That didn't work out too great.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

I did a lot in LUA thanks to an opened source version of an MMORPG I used to play called Tibia.

I got it wrong and ended up learning luau, instead. I'd have to say that it was a whole lot more fun.

Happy Friday guys!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Gonna go skiing this evening. I doubt it will be very good. It's been a bit too warm and sunny for the last few days, so it was mediocre and icy, last night. Still, the moon grows each night, and the snow may be good enough.

Snow! We are getting a few small rain storms this weekend and next week. The highlight of our season maybe lol. Gonna light up the wood burning fireplace tonight

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

PowerPoster

Snow! We are getting a few small rain storms this weekend and next week. The highlight of our season maybe lol. Gonna light up the wood burning fireplace tonight
    I live in Modesto and my daughter told me a few days ago that No new houses in Modesto are allowed to have a regular fireplace, only things like pellet stoves. Haven't fact checked her, could be fake news.

Doggone it, just knocked a cap off a tooth. I'm pretty sure that this is a result of a pretty thorough face-plant I did last Friday when I hit a pretty good berm in the dark while skiing. That probably cracked it, and now it has fallen off, which means I get to visit the dentist pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I live in Modesto and my daughter told me a few days ago that No new houses in Modesto are allowed to have a regular fireplace, only things like pellet stoves. Haven't fact checked her, could be fake news.
    This is true. New homes are no longer allowed to be built with wood burning fireplaces anymore. The green libertards say its polluting the air, pfft! their electric prius' do more pollution than all the fireplaces lol.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Doggone it, just knocked a cap off a tooth. I'm pretty sure that this is a result of a pretty thorough face-plant I did last Friday when I hit a pretty good berm in the dark while skiing. That probably cracked it, and now it has fallen off, which means I get to visit the dentist pretty soon.
    Ouch!, just have them pull it and get implants

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

This is true. New homes are no longer allowed to be built with wood burning fireplaces anymore. The green libertards say its polluting the air, pfft! their electric prius' do more pollution than all the fireplaces lol.
    I don't know what it's like down there, but up here, our air gets 'chunky style' most winters due to the valley inversion. At that point, we get a burn ban on all wood burning. Of course, it can get so bad that they tell people not to exercise (HA! as if we exercised), and it can feel like having a sore throat for days on end. This is not exactly a liberal state. It's just plain pragmatic.

Fireplaces are mostly for show, anyways. Unless you have some kind of insert that gets the heat back into the room, they aren't all that efficient for heating. I have a wood stove, and when it gets really cold...I don't use it, because of the inversion. That's the only time it gets really cold here. At one point, the governor was advocating telecommuting. I'm a big fan of that. Commuting from upstairs to downstairs is just about the right distance, for me.

Ouch!, just have them pull it and get implants
    I went for diamonds...unfortunately, they used "chocolate" diamonds.

I don't know what it's like down there, but up here, our air gets 'chunky style' most winters due to the valley inversion. At that point, we get a burn ban on all wood burning. Of course, it can get so bad that they tell people not to exercise (HA! as if we exercised), and it can feel like having a sore throat for days on end. This is not exactly a liberal state. It's just plain pragmatic.

Fireplaces are mostly for show, anyways. Unless you have some kind of insert that gets the heat back into the room, they aren't all that efficient for heating. I have a wood stove, and when it gets really cold...I don't use it, because of the inversion. That's the only time it gets really cold here. At one point, the governor was advocating telecommuting. I'm a big fan of that. Commuting from upstairs to downstairs is just about the right distance, for me.
    During the winter here we have the cleanest air of the year. Gas is switched over to winter gas too. During the summer it gets really smoggy where you cant exercise without getting smog inhalation similar to smoke inhalation.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I went for diamonds...unfortunately, they used "chocolate" diamonds.
    Pics of the new grill or it didnt happen!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

It didn't happen. In fact, they did such a fine job it isn't even apparent that there's a significant part of the tooth that isn't natural, which is nice, since it's a front tooth.

As to the smog....we should trade. We'll swap our winter air with yours. That way we'll both be able to acclimate to a constant level of smog.

We have a ski area up above Boise. Some years, when the inversion is particularly bad, you can leave 0 degree, overcast, weather in the valley, and drive up out of the clouds into warm, sunny, weather. It's kind of unfortunate for the ski area, as it can be single digits in the valley, yet the ski area is getting temperatures up into the 40s, so they're losing snow. On the other hand, I've seen people lining up along the road to take pictures of the sea of clouds. I've seen it so distinct that you could walk down into the cloud while your upper body was above the cloud. It can be kind of thick, for a cloud.

So far, this year has been pretty nice. From the ski area, it is possible to see that there is at least some inversion, as you can see a band of haze over the valley below, but it has mixed out every couple of days, and the temperatures have never been held down very much.

Happy Friday! Whats everyone doing for the weekend? Im doing inventory, 4th quarter sales taxes and prepping for IRS filing

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Page 1592 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 59210921492154215821589159015911592159315941595160216421692 ... LastLast