Page 1562 of 1725 FirstFirst ... 56210621462151215521559156015611562156315641565157216121662 ... LastLast
Results 62,441 to 62,480 of 68963

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

We're in Houma for the weekend. My wife's grandfather had a silent heart attack and some seriously bad sepsis this past week, but it looks like he's getting out tomorrow.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

I'm hoping that my father-in-law's going to do a boucherie.

I have no idea what that is, so I read it as 'brochure', and was thinking....he had a heart attack and you're wanting a brochure about it???
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Been a little under the weather this weekend, lost my voice due to a sore throat, coughing etc.

It all started as a HeadAche and a Gaggy feeling.

Which made me want to tell you about my battle with cancer.

Strangely enough I went to the doctor with a tooth ache and the doc said I looked pale and decided instead that I needed a random blood test to be done.

Sure enough.

I was diagnosed with AML Lukiema on December 16th, 2009. Oh what a day. What a journey. I was 10 years old, can you beleive that?

Here I am 7 years later, 7 years cancer free, and worry free - well not entirely.

That is why I picked up coding partially, its a stress reliever. And also computer knowledge helped me help others also. Along with that, my mom was studying Information Tech. for her BS degree. That had some inspiration (none was forced or even said) I picked it up myself.

Why would at the time 14 year old (it was 2015 when I picked up programming, it was before I turned 15, I think it was May or june of '15)
    be stresed?

Lots of reasons, not only had I battled cancer - I also had several CLOSE family members pass which made my life as a cancer paitent harder, on my last round of chemo my grandmother had passed. about 1.5 years before my grandpa had passed. I am not going to go on and on like a sob story. but, all in all it was a tough few Pre-Teen years for me.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

I've got a friend who had a cancer like that (there are so many forms of leukemia that I wouldn't say it was the same). He's nearing 50, been cancer free for decades, and runs marathons, sometimes to raise money for leukemia research. So, that's a fight you can win. As for losing relatives, that's fate.

There is a zen story about a rich man who went to a famous calligraphy artist and commissioned a picture of good fortune. When the artist told him that the picture was ready, he was shocked to find that the picture was the phrase:

Grandfather dies.
    Father dies.
    Son dies.

The rich man was shocked. "I asked for a show of good fortune" he cried. The artist replied, "This is good fortune. Anything else would be a tragedy."

I have no grandparents and only one parent left. Not looking forwards to being an orphan at this late age, but the alternative isn't too appealing, either.

A boucherie is kind of like a pig roast.

Most people I know use a pig just before it becomes full size, but some people use a full sized boar. You cut a pig down the middle from it's neck to the groin to make it flat. Next you place the pig in a steel cage to keep the body flat and then you build a big fire in a boucherie pit which essentially reflects the heat back to the pig.

Here's a picture of my buddy who just had one coming back from the war(I blocked out his face and name):
    Name:  17629828_10158694863815727_5371783655654193919_n.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  95.2 KB

I know some people who ARE a full sized bore, but I don't know anybody who uses a pig...of any size.

"Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

I saw that you posted that and the thing that stuck out to me was:
    These attacks caused him many serious injuries, including the loss of two fingers and one testicle, bitten off by his attackers.
    What?!

They say that her choice of training squirrels instead of dogs or bears suggests that she might be suffering from mental problems.
    What?!

How in the heck is this not satire?!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Well squirrels are known for hoarding nuts.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I wish all the girls were like telephone poles...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I'd be a squirrel and...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Get electrocuted?

...Stuff nuts in their...

It's kinda like a limerick - it's gonna rhyme with "poles"

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Never heard of John Valby? "Roll You Leg Over"?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Well squirrels are known for hoarding nuts.
    Yeah, I knew that. However, this is the first time I've ever heard of a nut hoarding squirrels.

Kind of one of those Man Bites Dog type of stories.

That one squirrel appeared to be having a ball.

My crazy ex had a squirrel. Now I understand...

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Better start wearing a titanium cup.

We have lots of squirrels around my fiances house. Some are big and fat, no starving or squirreling away nuts for teh winter I guess out here in CA lol
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

We have LOADS of beggar squirrels along the greenbelt in Boise. Those little nut *****s come running up to anybody who even looks at them. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't squirrels out there who get over half their annual calories from handouts. People walk with bags of peanuts and other things for them, so begging is a pretty viable life style.

Well, doggone, I didn't realize that word was restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    We have LOADS of beggar squirrels along the greenbelt in Boise. Those little nut *****s come running up to anybody who even looks at them. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't squirrels out there who get over half their annual calories from handouts. People walk with bags of peanuts and other things for them, so begging is a pretty viable life style.
    So they are pan handler squirrels. Guess they will soon be at every freeway off ramp and street corner with signs... Homeless, can you spare any nuts?
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Insert topical joke about the welfare state here
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

FD where have you been? I haven't seen you around these parts in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    So they are pan handler squirrels. Guess they will soon be at every freeway off ramp and street corner with signs... Homeless, can you spare any nuts?
    Well....they are at street corners...and elsewhere in the street, though they are usually pretty flat at that point. Other than that, they don't bother with those low value locations. They accost people out for a walk. They're fox squirrels, too, which seems to mean that they mostly feed the foxes, but they are about the same size as the gray squirrels in the east, though the color is more like a red squirrel.

Hyperactive Member Arrow_Raider's Avatar

This thread can almost be drafted for war.
    My monkey wearing the fedora points and laughs at you.

I hereby declare war on the improper use of the words: there, their, and they're.

FD where have you been? I haven't seen you around these parts in a while.
    I haven't been away. I'm perhaps posting a little less because my clients actually seem to want me to do some work for my money now (I view this as totally unreasonable but they're the ones holding the folding) but I'm surprised it's dropped off enough for anyone to notice. Still it's nice to be missed

Speaking of which, welcome back Arrow_Raider. There's a lil' monkey mug we haven't seen in ages.
    Last edited by FunkyDexter; Apr 5th, 2017 at 11:46 AM.

I herby declare a new word "thare" which will be used in place of those not knowing which to use out of: there, their, or they're.

Thare over thare with thare fancy hats.

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    I herby declare a new word "thare" which will be used in place of those not knowing which to use out of: there, their, or they're.

Thare over thare with thare fancy hats.
    The Brits would never go for it, but that never stopped us from simplifying the spelling of words before.

Just for kicks try watching a NASCAR race with closed captioning turned on. The word "tires" gets spelled "tars" and "oil" becomes "ole" etc...
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

My wife likes NASCAR. I on the other hand think it is just a rediculous "sport"

I hereby declare war on the improper use of the words: there, their, and they're.
    Did I use it correctly back in post 62576?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

My wife likes NASCAR. I on the other hand think it is just a rediculous "sport"
    "red" - as in "neck" or "Republican"?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

huh?

...rediculous...
    red?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

iculous?

You are stressing spelling and when you do not spell a word correctly I look for a hidden meaning.

ri·dic·u·lous /rəˈdikyələs/ adjective\

adjective: ridiculous

deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Non cents!

I never stress spelling.

Page 1562 of 1725 FirstFirst ... 56210621462151215521559156015611562156315641565157216121662 ... LastLast