Page 1556 of 1612 FirstFirst ... 5561056145615061546155315541555155615571558155915661606 ... LastLast
Results 62,201 to 62,240 of 64475

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    We just had record rainfall last week and for Nocal they are officially out of the 5 year drought. Our local mountains received 1 foot of powder thursday and everyone is flocking to the mountains to ski n snowboard. Socal still in drought though

I "may" wash my car today as it looks no rain for a week. *crossing fingers*
    So your half of the state is in a drought but you're hoping it stays dry so your car won't get dirty?

It's nice enough here (a relative term of course) I actually let my Mustang out the last two days.
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey

We're getting hit, again, for the rest of the week. At least tomorrow is likely to have rain down here in the valley.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

My outdoor thermometer is currently showing 3.1 degrees (F). At the ski hill, some 4,000 feet up from where I am, it is currently 27 degrees. Inversions are wondrous things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    My outdoor thermometer is currently showing 3.1 degrees (F). At the ski hill, some 4,000 feet up from where I am, it is currently 27 degrees. Inversions are wondrous things.
    The higher you are the closer you are to the sun, so obviously it's going to be warmer.
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

That sounds like some coonass logic there!

He did say the "higher you are"!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Ahh, some Colorado logic then!

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley View Post
    The higher you are the closer you are to the sun, so obviously it's going to be warmer.
    I never thought of it that way. Makes total sense.

Space must be really HOT!

Space is dark though - must be the black holes. They suck the heat out of the sun.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by homer13j View Post
    So your half of the state is in a drought but you're hoping it stays dry so your car won't get dirty?

It's nice enough here (a relative term of course) I actually let my Mustang out the last two days.
    Its all for the greater good sacrifices must be made lol

What breed of mustang do you have?
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

I have the most despised mustang, but I lover her. 1978 Mustang II.

2014 Grabber Blue V6 with the Performance Package (aka "The Smurfstang")

Name:  11411830_10206812225441431_6696674917743049900_o.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  54.5 KB
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey

The Smurfstang! I love it!

Hate to get in the middle of this Mustang fest - some of us are Chevy people!

(my car on the right - brother on the left)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

As we prepare for the third winter storm warning that I've seen in the 15 years I've lived in this valley, and the third that I've seen in the last month, I'm kind of liking the fact that I have a Subaru with good snow tires.

For a place so dependent on the winter snow pack, this is a mixed blessing. Snow in the mountains is great. Snow down in the valleys, in such amazing quantities....I'm getting tired.

On the other hand, there's been a large increase in car parts along the roads. It's mostly shields of one sort or another that people have ripped off on the ice ridges, but there have been some larger pieces, too.

This morning I saw a car that looked like the driver had tried to parallel park, but only got the nose into the space and then gave up and left it like that. They may have been stuck, as I could barely walk on the road where the car was, but the back end was sticking right out into traffic.

Very interesting year.

A herd of some 500 antelope were seen attempting to cross a frozen lake by the Snake River. A few hundred made it across, a few hundred turned back, and about four dozen ended up sprawled out on the ice, unable to do anything but flail around. When a rescue effort was mounted in the morning, it was found that a previous rescue party of coyotes had managed to rescue pieces of about 10 of the animals, while about a dozen had managed to self-rescue during the night. About six were then rescued by Fish and Game, and the rest were found to have broken or dislocated limbs. Those animals were put down and donated to needy families.

O give me a home
    Where the buffalo roam
    And the deer and the antelope....are sprawled out on the ice like flailing lunatics.

Does antelope kind of taste like deer?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Those animals were put down and donated to needy families.
    Hope those needy families know how to butcher an antelope. Or did you mean the meat was donated?

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post

Too bad there's no Firebird equivalent to the Camaro... I might have considered buying one.

Hope those needy families know how to butcher an antelope. Or did you mean the meat was donated?
    I don't know. I would assume that the meat was donated, but it may well be more complex than that. Finding somebody around here who knows how to butcher an antelope wouldn't be hard to do, so it may well be that the whole animals were donated. Especially considering that they were effectively killed in the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    Tastes like chicken.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

so it's both deer and cheep at the same time?
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Space is dark though - must be the black holes.
    Is space dark? Why? If there is nothing blocking the sun, then why isn't it brighter than during the day hours on this planet? Seem like it should be very bright in space, not dark.

Questions! Questions!?! I don't have to listen to no stinkin' questions!

Dark - light - just two shades of the same day.

I still think it's the black holes though.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Better, in my experience. I've never liked the taste of deer. I think they should be crossed with cows, so that we could have deef...or, I suppose, you might just end up with beer. That would be popular.

Too bad there's no Firebird equivalent to the Camaro... I might have considered buying one.
    how about a Camaro Firebird?

Name:  IMG_0984.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  52.1 KB
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    Is space dark? Why? If there is nothing blocking the sun, then why isn't it brighter than during the day hours on this planet? Seem like it should be very bright in space, not dark.
    because how would anyone sleep before curtains were to be invented? We would all have gone mad and killed one another. At which point, dark or light wouldn't matter, because no-one would be there to not see the light.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

At least you chose a redfire color

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

A blacked out Camaro would make a good basis for The New Knight Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley View Post
    A blacked out Camaro would make a good basis for The New Knight Rider.
    Something like this KITT car?

This was my first "new" car - a 1982 Pontiac Trans Am. I had totaled a 1978 Z-28 Camaro on a icy February day in 1982 - I ordered this a few weeks later.

NO BIRD on the hood - I ordered it without that decal.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

At least you chose a redfire color
    Garnet Red - lots of gold flake.

I did not know a car could give so much joy!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

My brother is a Chevy guy and he has an '87 IROC z28 that is blue with T-Tops with a big block. When he used to drive it daily, you could definitely tell when he drove up in the driveway.

Another day another storm. Glad I have all wheel drive, bout now.

Name:  IMG_0984.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  52.1 KB
    I call that an impostor. An abomination.

Just let Pontiac and its screaming chicken rest in peace.

Garnet Red - lots of gold flake.

I did not know a car could give so much joy!
    Welcome to the dark side

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

My brother is a Chevy guy and he has an '87 IROC z28 that is blue with T-Tops with a big block. When he used to drive it daily, you could definitely tell when he drove up in the driveway.
    People hear me from 3 blocks away lol

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

They have a live feed of a man threating to jump off of a bridge in New Orleans right now on FaceBook. I am not typically for censorship, but this seems like something that should not be accessible to 10 year olds this easily... Why would FaceBook allow this?

Sinecure devotee

I don't do any social media things, like twitter or facebook, etc... but it seems to me if there are millions of users posting, it would be quite a bottleneck to try to physically have employees that monitor every feed all the time.
    Do they provide a feedback mechanism so that users can raise awareness to some moderator that could have the authority to censor a feed?
    How do you become aware of such a feed to begin with? Since I don't do social media, perhaps these are naive questions.

I found it because one of my friends shared the live feed. If you report it then what happens is that it takes a good while for someone to review it and judge whether or not it should be taken down, which since there is no violence in the video(yet) I doubt that it would be removed.

Page 1556 of 1612 FirstFirst ... 5561056145615061546155315541555155615571558155915661606 ... LastLast