Page 1559 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 55910591459150915491556155715581559156015611562156916091659 ... LastLast
Results 62,321 to 62,360 of 68959

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

"Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

That's exactly right! Around the 9th inning all hell breaks loose!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I knew it.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    From 2000 until current there has always been at least 1 post each year.
    I remember it dropping off the first page, even back when there was a LOT more going on the first page. It kept getting revived, though.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Sounds kind of alarmist. All the weasels are pretty tough animals, and the larger they get, the tougher they get. I wouldn't go harassing any of them, but I've only ever seen one fisher in the wild. I only saw that one when the woods were frozen to the point that I could walk on the crust (that takes some pretty strong crust), which let me kind of sneak up on a fisher. It's pretty cool that you are seeing one so often, considering how shy they tend to be.

I have a few good stories about mink, over the years. I had one run over my foot one time. I was being pretty incautious, but those mink were darn near domesticated from being around people a whole bunch. Like any wild animal with that set of accoutrements (sharp teeth, sharp claws, and speed), when scared...they're dangerous, but when not scared, then they don't much care about you.

That link did seem more like #FakeNews meant to scare poor folk.

I'm more concerned about my dogs thinking it's just a big squirrel!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I doubt they'd go after a person, even a baby...though maybe if you happened to leave your baby out in the woods....

Still, I would think that they'd go after some small dogs, and they'd be tough enough to take out a cat if the cat was foolish enough to tangle with it.

Don't they make furs out of mink?

What is a mink?

Oh, it looks like a cross between an otter and a ferret.

We had river otter a few times last year. You can easily know the difference in that they show up as a group. Very friendly.

This fisher cat was a loaner. Bouncing all over the place on the ice yesterday - big bounds - like 30+ inches.

I read that they mate in like April but do not implant the egg until the end of the following winter - which is now. Gestate for 30 days and give birth to blind pups. The one we saw was small - leads me to believe female. Wondering if I can find the den - it's raining and warm today - should be able to follow some tracks around the woods.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I love watching otters play. Down in Cameron parish in the refuge, they have a bunch! In fact I remember being little and there was a small road that allowed one car to pass at a time with water on both sides, and the otters would jump between the two sides of the road(and occassionally miss too).

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    What is a mink?
    A mink (or two):

Name:  mink.PNG
Views: 752
Size:  204.6 KB

(can be your for about $800 online)

They do explore every inch of the brook when they storm through. Very active - looks like fun.

Why they hell are we programmers? River otter - now that's a job!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I read that they mate in like April
    Me too!

I'd never heard of a Fisher Cat until now but weasels are the ninja of the rodent world.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    A mink (or two):

Name:  mink.PNG
Views: 752
Size:  204.6 KB

(can be your for about $800 online)
    Do you have the dress also?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    Do you have the dress also?
    I only wear the dress on special occasions.....

Brad!
    (and yeah, that was a joke, just to be clear)

(Picture was taken from a site selling furs)

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by szlamany
    I read that they mate in like April
    Me too!
    Is that a UK thing?

I only get to pay my taxes in April. I guess that is kind of getting f______d...

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Is that a UK thing?

I only get to pay my taxes in April. I guess that is kind of getting f______d...
    Ba Dum Tis...

I walked up on a pair of otters hunting fish last summer. I got right to the bank before one of them noticed me. They look so quizzical, and seemed so unconcerned, that when the one dove, I thought it was coming closer to get a better look, but apparently it was headed back to the den, because I never saw it again. The other one then popped up and looked all over trying to find the first one. Eventually, it noticed me standing there, and also returned to the den.

They were slaughtering some fish, but the only fish there were tiny, so they were sucking them down like sardines. Very effective hunters, I'd have to say, which was good, cause it would take dozens of fish that size to fill an otter belly.

Almost went a week without a post.

Getting 20 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow!

Post Race!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

We're getting spring, after a terrific winter.

90 degree weather for days now -_-
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Round my way "90 degree weather" means the rain's coming in horizontal.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Round my way "90 degree weather" means the rain's coming in horizontal.
    Pff, in Yorkshire thats called a gentle shower.

When i were a lad the rain had to be coming in 360 degrees before we put a coat on!
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Pff, in Yorkshire thats called a gentle shower
    In Yorkshire it's considered "indoor plumbing"

Happy PI day everyone
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    Happy PI day everyone
    I was going to circle back a'round later and say the same thing!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Getting 20 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow!
    They said the same thing here. We got four inches.
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

We got 10 inches by noon - an hour of sleet/freezing rain - now it's just rain. Seems like a two hour snow ending around 8 tonight.

And constant 30+ mile/hour winds.

Snow blower is going to be a fail - shovel time...

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Kind of funny that you folks are getting winter now. We've just left it behind. Buds are starting to appear (and not just the empties along the road).

Since the upper half of the US kind of missed out on lasting snow cover this year, this storm will melt away quickly with sun angle alone.

Back in 2013 (?) we had a 30 inch snowfall close to this date - and that closed up everything for 4 days and took forever to melt.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Im bored, literally watching some paint dry.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Kind of funny that you folks are getting winter now.
    In Cleveland winter doesn't officially end until after the Indians' first homestand in April...

Name:  cleveland-snow1.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  61.4 KB
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

I remember a strong snow in May back when I lived in New Hampshire. Now, out in Idaho (which I still feel is in the upper half of the US), the grass is greening in the valley, and there's 100 inches of snow at the base on the ski hill above Boise. I'm trying to decide whether I'll go skiing again this year. I would have gone last week, but was away. Now it's pretty warm, even up there, so it'll be mushy during the day, and turning icy as the sun sets. Not sure I want to deal with that.

I am sick.

I am tired.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

I am Legend.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

I am Zorn.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Page 1559 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 55910591459150915491556155715581559156015611562156916091659 ... LastLast