Page 1563 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 56310631463151315531560156115621563156415651566157316131663 ... LastLast
Results 62,481 to 62,520 of 68908

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

If you wont my two sense, I think that your losing it.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow_Raider View Post
    This thread can almost be drafted for war.
    Awesome! Now there's a blast from the past.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

T minus 15 hours to go -_-
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

This thread is a trip!
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

I guess that RobDog should be in orbit by now, if the launch wasn't delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I guess that RobDog should be in orbit by now, if the launch wasn't delayed.
    Yea we are on a short honeymoon now. Got married Saturday
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Wow, congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    Wow, congratulations!
    Thank You

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Congrats Rob!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    Congrats Rob!
    Thanks Steve!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Hunh. Here I was, just guessing, and I wasn't so far off. I was actually thinking it might be a new car, but I thought that would be too minor.

However, when you are posting in Chit-Chat on your honeymoon....you're doing it wrong.

I was going to tell him to not use words like "short" to describe the honeymoon!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

It's all perspective.

It's all about Perspective

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I thought that would be too minor.
    I'm betting there'll be a minor or two along in about 9 months

Congrats, Rob.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Hunh. Here I was, just guessing, and I wasn't so far off. I was actually thinking it might be a new car, but I thought that would be too minor.

However, when you are posting in Chit-Chat on your honeymoon....you're doing it wrong.
    I had a job phone interview Monday so had to be on the computer for a couple hours. We both spent a few minutes each morning checking emails and for me thats business emails I have to deal with even on vacation unfortunately. We had a great time although it was only for 3 days

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    I was going to tell him to not use words like "short" to describe the honeymoon!
    3 day honeymoon was indeed too short lol

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    I'm betting there'll be a minor or two along in about 9 months

Congrats, Rob.
    Thanks FD! Nooo possibility of that happening thanks God! lol

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    ... thats business emails I have to deal with even on vacation unfortunately...
    I can totally relate to this!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Where'd you go? Anywhere cool?

"Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

Where'd you go? Anywhere cool?
    Yea kinda. We went to a small beach town just outside of San Diego. It was cool, not hot lol. We just needed a few days to decompress after all the planning and stuff. Going to Maui in a couple weeks.

Some bombarse breakfast place, mexican food place (drinks were weak AF) and an italian place all within walking distance. We were about 200 feet from the beach. Oh and we found a great donut place on our last morning. I'll see what I can post pics of

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

That just sounds like an AUP violation lol

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

That's the one of the funniest story I have ever heard of about that planet. The other has a story behind it:

When I was in HS, we had an English teacher who was so pale blond as to be nearly albino. She also had a great sense of humor, and everybody knew it. So, there was one class when a student from a different, simultaneous, English class came over with a note from the other teacher. She took the note, read it, and turned bright red right to the roots of her hair. Naturally, we all demanded to know what the note said, but it turned out to just be a headline we knew she had posted over her desk in the teacher's lounge: Are there rings of debris around Uranus?
    Last edited by Shaggy Hiker; Apr 14th, 2017 at 09:22 AM.

Happy 420 day!

Name:  649b3e3d192d6d844c34327419c84721.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  31.4 KB
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel

6 days without a post. Hmm... did everyone forget as they were preparing for 420? lol

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I was busy rolling ...

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Talkin about rolls...

Name:  14657273_1466075903408474_9117674093925848429_n.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  48.5 KB

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I've seen that before.

That's not a ricochet biscuit.

Closing in on finishing pulling all the weeds in my back yard. This one was the tallest at just over 6 feet. The wall is 7 feet high.

Name:  20170419_125936_1024x577.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  467.9 KB

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Weed in California... 4/20... Anything you trying to say?

Better not smoke the broad leaf in that picture. That's milkweed, which is fairly toxic. A critical food source for the Monarch butterfly caterpillar, which sequesters the toxin from the milkweed sap, which makes the caterpillar toxic, as well. It's also brightly colored, which is a general sign. If it's on an animal, it means don't eat me, I'm toxic. If it's red, and octagonal, it means stop, it's the law.

Upon a second viewing, I'm not so sure that's actually milkweed. The leaves look right, but the fact that it is growing so straight and tall isn't right, and the stem doesn't look quite right. Still, this is chit-chat, so whatever.

The other plant looks a bit like chickory. It almost certainly isn't, but just to be safe, I think you should roast it and brew it like coffee. It may kill you, or it may not, but it would be an experiment. After all, chickory (if I spelled it right) was sometimes used as a coffee substitute by people who were utterly desperate.

How many weed types can you identify Shaggy? lol

Name:  20170327_174147_Crop.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  69.8 KB
    Name:  20170328_175512_1024x577.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  37.5 KB

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Why don't you just burn it rather than have them hog up the trash bins?

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    Why don't you just burn it rather than have them hog up the trash bins?
    A fire? Haaa!

He lives in California where you can't blow a fart without doing a lengthy and expensive environmental impact study months in advance, then submit the results to the state EPA (in triplicate) for a thorough review by hundreds of faceless bureaucrats and if the request is approved pay for all the necessary licenses, permits and waivers. Only then do you get the state's blessing to emit noxious gasses.

That's not a ricochet biscuit.
    Still better than a wish sandwich.

Fire in the west is a pretty touchy subject. Most of the year it's simply out of the question. I came home the other day and found my neighbor burning a pile of brush. That was a bit of a surprise. It hadn't occurred to me that you could do that in town due to the almost ever present fire risk. This is the time of year when it would be possible, though. In a month or so, the risk becomes too great.

Exactly what the risk would be depends on what bothers you the most. At the office, one day, we were able to watch a fire spread across the foothills. It burned a good amount, though was fortunately contained before it got to any houses. Afterwards, the story emerged that it was started by a mountain biker burning his toilet paper. That became the source of many a joke for the next year.

Sometimes, though, it's not so funny. A short in a transformer dropped some molten something at the base of a power pole. The subsequent fire swept up a hill and consumed half a dozen houses so fast that it killed a woman who was taking a nap in the afternoon.

When I was hiking through New England a few years back, I saw one of those Smokey the Bear signs showing a high fire danger. Their high would have been our None, as the forests were sodden at the time. When we get to high, you can start a fire with crazy ease. For example, an archer missed his target one day, and the errant arrow struck a rock. That was all it took. The fire was a yard across and spreading by the time he got there, and he was barely able to extinguish it.

Yea fires in CA are the worst. It costs us $1,000,000 a day to rent that fire plane from Canada I think it is?

Got another barrel filled as trash day is weds morning.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Page 1563 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 56310631463151315531560156115621563156415651566157316131663 ... LastLast