Post Race! - Page 1573-VBForums
Page 1573 of 1573 FirstFirst ... 57310731473152315631570157115721573
Results 62,881 to 62,890 of 62890

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

I need it to be hot down there for a time. I'm hiking through the high Sierras in late August, and it would be good not to be walking through too much snow.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    I thought that you had a newer mustang?
    I do but when the guy installed my headers I think he disconnected the ac line that runs right up next to one of the header bolts on the passenger side in order to gain unrestricted access. Then when he put it back on of course all the freon had discharged. Im hoping that a pressure test will show this by having no leaks and holding hte proper psi. If so then its just a matter of refilling the system with freon and ill be chillin again
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Star Wars Gangsta Rap Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Corsair H100i v2 water cooler, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung 500 GB SSD, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2010, VS 2010

You don't want to know.

Hey it's been my apartment A/C that's been acting up. And basically everything else in the apartment. But on the first 100 degree day of the year it totally kicked the bucket.

Then maintenance overcharged it, so while it sort of limped along overnight, by noon I was driving home from work to 78 degrees inside.

Then I came home the next day to a strong chemical smell. I have no clue what freon smells like and the internet apparently doesn't either. Turns out they resurfaced some countertops in the buildings and didn't think that was worth notifying people.
    Nothing I post is production-ready. It is provided as-is, use it at your own risk.

I started a post in the forum feedback, but I haven't really been active on VBForums because the pages continue to time out on me or never load in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitten Spynne View Post
    Then I came home the next day to a strong chemical smell. I have no clue what freon smells like and the internet apparently doesn't either. Turns out they resurfaced some countertops in the buildings and didn't think that was worth notifying people.
    Well, yeah, of course. It's MUCH easier to notify you once you've all passed out.

You don't want to know.

It was stupid. I went to about 10 different sites, and found 12 different answers. Everything from "odorless" to "like oil" to "etherial" to "like acetone". The smell I was smelling reminded me of acetone, so I was like, "Huh, is this dangerous?"

That was another 8 different answers from 5 different sites. "Perfectly harmless!" "Well, toxic if you fill an enclosed room with it." "If you huff it straight from the can you'll die!" "Very toxic." "Don't set it on fire!" etc.
    Nothing I post is production-ready. It is provided as-is, use it at your own risk.

Crap... my lights just flickered and the weather's getting bad again...

I've only smelled it one time that I know of, and my memory of it pretty much agrees with your finding: It doesn't smell LIKE anything. Acetone is a pretty strong smell. Even a small amount is detectable, whereas Freon has a very weak smell, so if somebody described it as being like acetone, it would only be like very scarce acetone, but I wouldn't describe it that way at all. I do kind of get the oily description, though not like motor oil.

Poke a hole in the cooling tubes in your freezer and you'll be able to smell for yourself. That's what I did, anyways. Of course, then you'll be in the market for a new freezer, cause you won't be fixing that.

Imma need a piroque to get to my parents house!

We're into the summer dry. It's nice right now, but could top 100 by Monday. Chance of thunderstorms later next week. There may even be a chance of rain reaching the ground this time, though it's not looking great, thus far.

Page 1573 of 1573 FirstFirst ... 57310731473152315631570157115721573