Page 1316 of 1725 FirstFirst ... 3168161216126613061313131413151316131713181319132613661416 ... LastLast
Results 52,601 to 52,640 of 68963

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

-chuckle #2-
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

By the way, I'm pretty proud of myself. I've gone from >48 Diet Dr. Peppers a week to 14 a week.

For a moment there, I thought that count was per day. It's still insane. I largely gave up soda once I got out of grad school because it was such a HUGE amount of the daily calories I was getting. I eat enough without that addition.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

I've quit for a week and I've already lost 5 lbs.

I can tell you where to find them, if you're looking.

No, not really. I'd prefer that they stay lost.

Trust me - you'll find them again...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Eventually we all do.

Except for Jared. He's doing pretty good I hear.

The boy on the right in my avatar is going for brown belt tonight (tae kwon do). His twin brother on the left decided to wait until the next testing.

This is the first time they've not progressed through something together. I guess individuality is starting to appear...

Hopefully next time we are in Disney, King Arthurs sword will surrender to him

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

By the way szlamany, the rep you just gave me pushed me over 1k. I am now a name known to all. Behooooooold!

Glad to help!

You are number 41 overall - not bad for someone joining just 3 years ago!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

You know, I use to take Shotokan karate when I was younger and we use to go to tournaments. I always hated fighting against those that studied Tae Kwon Do because with Shotokan it was mostly the strikes from within the body such as quick body punches and the occasional head punch(when the opportunity presented itself) or kicks to the legs/body but with Tae Kwon Do y'all would go for the head kicks.... those hurt!

Last testing I watched a brown-two going against a black sabonim in sparing - blacks have no padding at all - they don't need it.

She had padding - helmet and all...

In a casual glance he hit that girl square in the nose - blood and all...

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I took tae kwon do for several years, too. We used hand and foot padding, but no head padding. Basically, we were not trying to clobber anybody, so for sparring we left out serious head shots...mostly. On the other hand, mistakes were made. I remember one gal sparring with a guy. I think she was a bit tired, but she was fairly strong...and a bit slow on one particular kick, which "split the uprights" you might say. In fact, she was strong enough that the force of the kick lifted him clean off the ground. He landed on his knees and stayed there, despite wearing a cup. Everybody watching just cringed. She was mighty embarrassed...he was speechless...for quite some time.

My worst injury was against a guy who was built like a little tank. Normally, we had pretty good fights, but one night he was tired and kicking low. I took three kicks to the thigh and thought nothing of it. They didn't hurt, since the thigh is pretty durable, and a blow like that doesn't count in competition. However, later on that evening I found that I had a hard time kneeling down. By the next day I couldn't walk and had to stay home from school for a day, or two. After a couple days, I jogged somewhere...then spent the next several days in bed.

What happened was that those three kicks had caused some deep bruising, so blood had leaked into the space around the large muscles in the thigh. This caused pressure and stiffness, but it went away in that first day or two. The jogging opened up the injury before all the blood had been fully re-absorbed and increased the pressure far beyond the original level. That did me in proper for a couple days.

I would've never taken you for a fighter Shaggy. That post comes to me as a surprise.

I rather enjoyed it. I'd probably enjoy it more now, except that I don't think my knees could take it. The thought of kicking anything higher than my waist leaves me with visions of my lower leg detatching at the knee. They are better than that, so it wouldn't happen, but there is pain occasionally.

A buddy of mine started doing some form of karate. I think I'd have to stick with something that allowed me to keep my feet on the ground, for the most part.

I guess I'll just have to get my kicks some other way.

no offense but when someone open a thread ... some people playing google for them... but most of those people looking for answer not a search engine so sometimes it does maybe work to give him a link but mostly coming with a solution and some code is the best help!

if i'm wrong DO NOT correct me
    Body Language tells the truth! even from the grave tsaeb eht morf gninnur ,nwod deaH
    All the big things started from little! teef my tsap evom sekans ,duol raor slluB
    Lietome.ir

Correct you?!?!? I can't even understand you!

Are you in the right thread?

There is no right in POST RACE - it's all left...

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Left...over.

Now that's not fair - these are all original posts. They just have little meaning.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Meaning? You can't handle the meaning!

Or something like that.

Trust me I keep searching for meaning......

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

It's hard to make a pun about the mean that is above average.

I'll take that as a compliment...

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

is that realy not understandable ? well read it again and again and again till you figure it out
    or simply you can ask which part you dont understand so i can make it understandable 'lol'
    Body Language tells the truth! even from the grave tsaeb eht morf gninnur ,nwod deaH
    All the big things started from little! teef my tsap evom sekans ,duol raor slluB
    Lietome.ir

The post itself makes a fair amount of sense. The location of the post does not. There was recently a thread in CC in which that post did belong, but it wasn't this one. On the other hand, this IS the post race, and recycling is a good thing.

(sorry - just recycling)

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

(sorry - just mimicking [

I'll take that as a verbal enema...

(sorry, just diving into the gutter)

(sorry, just diving into the gutter)
    It's feeling like spring time, are you sure that you don't mean cleaning the gutters?

I probably should have done that, but instead I just trimmed the rose bushes until I felt that I had lost sufficient blood. The gutters can wait for a couple more weeks.

Is it still cold up there? We've been staying steadily in the 60s/70s lately. Feels pretty good.

Won't make it to 50 today, but made nearly 70 yesterday. As a general rule, we are getting into the 50s these days, and leaves are not really appearing on the trees, yet. That's fine with me, because this is a desert and will get seriously hot in due time. What we really lack is humidity.

When I went up to Arkansas I felt like a fish out of water. My gills couldn't breath!

But like in places with no humidity it gets hot but it's like a burning hot where the surface of my skin is on fire, but in Louisiana it's like a boiling hot where it feels like the inside of my skin is going to boil over. If I had to chose, I'd rather work in the heat with no humidity but relax in the heat with tons of humidity.

Up in Connecticut it was 20 degrees this morning.

Just south of us in New Jersey they are getting snow!

When is this going to stop?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I couldn't do 20 degrees. In fact it got as cold as the 20s this winter which broke the record for my city(and many other surrounding cities) and the entire city just shut down. Of course I work in insurance and couldn't take off so I had to wake up an hour early to practically break into my car to get to work just to take claims left and right. Terrible, terrible day...

Page 1316 of 1725 FirstFirst ... 3168161216126613061313131413151316131713181319132613661416 ... LastLast