Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $30,000 Porsche Xiaomi electric car,do you like it?

PowerPoster

$30,000 Porsche Xiaomi electric car,do you like it?

The $5000 Wuling Hongguang Mini Electric Car has been out for many years.
    Xiaomi has built a new energy vehicle of sports car level.
    The main competitors are Tesla and BYD.
    After more than 10 years of research and development, Apple finally abandoned its great plan to build cars.

Apple has also found a lot of Japanese and Korean car manufacturers to negotiate the matter of car production OEM, of course, for various reasons. Large traditional car factories do not want to be controlled by contemporary industry and commerce, and small car factories are difficult to get into the eyes of Apple. This is the same problem that Huawei has encountered when seeking partners in the automotive field. In addition to the unstable team and the unstable strategy, Apple finally gave up building cars, a big objective factor is the major impact of the decline of American manufacturing industry and the strong manufacturing industry in China. With a strong and complete manufacturing system and a perfect supply chain, China is the only leader in the global automobile manufacturing industry, whether it is traditional automobiles, new energy vehicles or electric vehicles, and there is no other region that can match it. The situation facing the automobile industry in Europe, America, Japan and South Korea is that the automobile industry is turning to China at an irresistible speed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PowerPoster

Re: $30,000 Porsche Xiaomi electric car,do you like it?

https://www.xiaomiev.com/su7/?c=baid....XiaomiEV-A-87
    The range configuration is 700-830 kilometers.
    870 volt global silicon carbide True 800V high voltage platform
    5 minutes to charge 220 km
    15 minutes to charge 510 km

If a new car company needs to accept investment from other consortia, such as Morgan Stanley, Wall Street and so on.Eventually, the company will become theirs, and the founder may only get 5% to 10% of the shares.The company, formerly known as ******* Taobao, received a $million investment from Masayoshi Son's 2,000 from Japan's Softbank around 2000. In the end, the market value became 2,000 billion. They made a 10,000-fold return.

Softbank took a stake of around 50%, Founder Mr. Ma has only about a 5% stake.Mr. Son was prepared to invest $40 million.It will get 80% of the shares.

It takes a lot of money to build a car, and a technical management team.So companies like Motorola, Ericsson and Microsoft can do this at will.
    Many traditional car companies will go bankrupt and disappear forever in this competition.They may think that I might as well sell my shares in the company earlier, and then buy Tesla shares, which is equivalent to opening a super profitable car company myself.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 30th, 2024 at 06:18 PM.

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Electric cars have certainly levelled the playing field meaning that all the decades of investment in sophisticated engines, gearboxes and drivetrains has been largely nullified. All the major players are now relative newbies in automotive drivetrain electrification. We will see several major EU/US automotive corporations disappear over the next few years due to losing their advantages in technological disparity and perceived distinctiveness.

They will all have a battery and an unexciting electric motor in the axles or within the wheels themselves.

Anyone can style as we can see above. This is the Chinese/British fusion MG- the Cyberster.

The distinctiveness of European style/designed cars has taken over America and we see an emerging overall corporate automotive 'world style', the Chinese as always are equipped to adapt and this style is easy enough to copy.

In the future it will all be about range, charging and safety. Safety of the occupants and suppression of fires in the batteries themselves.

Cars are becoming cheaper commodity items that we will just rent and dispose of in 3-5 years. The Chinese will take a huge amount of the market.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

PowerPoster

Originally, our Xiaomi mobile phone was only $300. Because of the use of Qualcomm's CPU, it originally had to pay 5% of the patent fee, which was later reduced to 2.5% after the antitrust investigation. But now the phone sells for about $800. In this way, Qualcomm's share of the same profit has increased.

Because Xiaomi can't make its own CPUs. Therefore, they can only be forced to accept the binding of patent fees and mobile phone prices.

If the Xiaomi car also uses a Qualcomm CPU. If Qualcomm still charges 2.5% of the patent fee.Qualcomm can earn more than $1000 from it.

The patent fees of technological monopoly sometimes hinder the progress of science and technology.
    So the last thing the United States wants to see is Huawei making cars. Because it can produce its own CPU, and all this software and advanced technology can be done by itself.

Apple argues that it should only pay for the use of Qualcomm's networking chips, rather than pay for the value of the whole device. Apple condemned Qualcomm for "effectively taxing Apple's innovation" and that Apple should not pay for technological breakthroughs unrelated to Qualcomm. But Qualcomm counters that its technology is not just about connectivity, but also multimedia, imaging, GPS and countless other inventions needed to make smartphones

Apple said at the time: "There is no agreed rate to determine how much Apple owes Qualcomm, so we have decided to suspend the payment of licensing fees until the court determines the correct rate.". QUALCOMM's demands are unreasonable. They always charge more based on our innovations, not their own. This prompted Qualcomm to take legal measures. In early July, Qualcomm filed a request with the U.S. International Trade Commission to ban the import and sale of some iPhone models to the United States because Apple infringed six Qualcomm patents.

Qualcomm is also in trouble in the United States, where the Federal Trade Commission filed a lawsuit accusing Qualcomm of forcing Apple to use its exclusive chips in exchange for lower licensing fees in order to exclude competitors and harm competition. It called Qualcomm's move a monopoly and said it undercut competition by charging high licensing fees.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 30th, 2024 at 07:13 PM.

PowerPoster

11 Most Profitable Auto Companies in the World (RMB)

First place: Toyota ~ net profit as high as 221.5 billion yuan

Second place: BMW ~ net profit as high as 206.6 billion yuan
    Third place: Volkswagen ~ net profit as high as 179.3 billion yuan

No.11: BYD ~ Net profit up to 31 billion yuan

No.10: Honda ~ Net profit up to 63.6 billion yuan
    No.9: Kia ~ Net profit up to 83.5 billion yuan
    No.8: Ford ~ Net profit up to 86.3 billion yuan
    No.7: General Motors ~ Net profit up to 87 billion yuan
    No.6: Tesla ~ Net profit up to 87 billion yuan

No.5: Hyundai ~ Net profit up to 104.1 billion yuan
    No.4: Mercedes-Benz ~ net profit of 167.3 billion yuan

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    The patent fees of technological monopoly sometimes hinder the progress of science and technology.
    It is about time the Chinese gov.t conformed to patent laws, for decades the Chinese have been vampirically sucking the lifeblood from Western invention. Patent laws have nothing to do with monopoly.

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

PowerPoster

Apple has refused to pay Qualcomm's patent fees for many years. In fact, they usually use their monopoly advantage to force Qualcomm to accept half or less patent fees.
    Ordinary small companies do not have so much economic strength and legal team, so when you need the latest mobile phone CPU, Qualcomm will not provide you with supply. They won't give you a discount, and you may have to pay a higher purchase fee.

Patents are sometimes a monopoly. Microsoft and Bill Gates are under constant antitrust investigation, often paying out sky-high sums.
    In terms of new energy vehicle technology, without Tesla, China will become a country of technology professional clubs, but the United States and other countries are not willing to pay patent fees.
    For example, on the International Space Station, they did not allow China to enter for more than 30 years. That's what they did. It's very shameless.

But now that China has built its own space station, the United States and Japan want to be the first to enter and steal the corresponding technology.

A lot of what you see is actually unfair, and the world is unfair.It is nothing more than using force or all kinds of patents and hooliganism policies to gain greater benefits for themselves.
    Like free medical care or free education.Or shut down nuclear power plants and build more.
    To open a car factory in India.It is the result of the struggle of the corresponding interest groups.
    But if Tesla or Apple were to set up a factory there, they would charge a 50% tariff. So car manufacturers will lose hundreds of billions of dollars there.
    Raising tariffs is sometimes a way to deal with competition from foreign technology.

PowerPoster

Japan, India, the Netherlands and other countries that are "hostile" to us have been allowed to join the Chinese space station. Why has the United States not formally approved it? It is not that China intends to reject the application of the United States, but that the cooperation projects submitted by the United States do not meet China's requirements. As Chief Engineer Zhou Jianping said: We do not exclude any country, but the cooperation projects submitted need to be in accordance with China's requirements.

Every app in the Apple App Store, such as games or office software. Be asked to pay a 30% commission
    If some apps or some industries, some companies have very small profits, it will lead to their bankruptcy.
    Bicycle sharing is a very good idea in China. You only need to pay one dollar a month to ride a bicycle anywhere.
    But they When the market value is the highest. Cashed in their investment in dividend-paying shares. Took tens of billions of dollars, and the company went bankrupt. after the involvement of venture capital turned the start-up company into hundreds of billions of dollars.It ended up costing $5 a month. And the number of bicycles is less than 1%.
    It only costs $2 to order a takeout meal at home. It now costs $4. The takeaway platform needs to take a 30% commission, and the delivery staff also needs $1 for each order.
    If we buy a computer or a CPU on the Internet, he also needs to take a 20 to 30% commission, which will make our goods very expensive.

PowerPoster

US legislation forbids any cooperation between NASA and China's space industry, which leads to the absence of the United States from global cooperation with China's space station.
    If you build a nuclear power plant or launch a rocket, you need to pay 50% of the cost to the company that invented it first.
    Other countries are almost completely monopolized by technology, excluded, not allowed to develop, not allowed to use.
    Around 2000, Japan's Toyota Hybrid Electric Vehicle entered China. The price in Japan is $20000, but in China it becomes $40000.Equivalent to $600,000 today due to inflation.
    When the Wuling Hongguang mini electric car was invented, it Selling price.only $5,000. Many car companies in Japan disassembled and analyzed it and found that the cost was about $6000.A car with the same configuration, if they sell it to China, may cost $20,000, which is 3-5 times the priceThere is no technical advantage at all.

PowerPoster

The Apple Car was launched in secret in 2014, and 10 years later, the project was declared a failure.

Comments from netizens:
    The team of Xiaomi Auto First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I have worked in BYD and SAIC passenger cars for nearly ten years. I have participated in Han (I started to do it in 2013) Song plus, SAIC imax8 cyberster MG7 Zhiji L7 LS7, and I have rich experience. However, when I came to Xiaomi in 2022 (from the head of the general layout of the project to the general engineer), I found that I was the youngest in the general layout team.

So do you know why Xiaomi can build a car with a high degree of completion in just three years?
    The ability of boss Lei, and the gold-lettered signboard of boss Lei. All the people recruited are close to the top in R & D in the industry, and even become teams to dig people, which also brings a mature system and now how.

Musk created Tesla Motors in 2003.A large number of new energy vehicles have been listed in five years.
    This shows that the gap between Apple and Tesla is 20 years. If we start from the time of research and development, it may be 10 years.
    Tesla's first model was the Roadster.He also unveiled the Model S.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 30th, 2024 at 07:02 PM.

PowerPoster

Electricity cost per kilowatt hour in different countries.

Germany: 2.41 yuan per degree!
    UK: 1.75 yuan per degree!
    Japan: 1.67 yuan per degree!
    France: 1.43 yuan per degree!
    United States: 0.95 yuan per degree!
    India: 0.56 yuan per degree!
    China: 0.52 yuan per degree!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    Patents are sometimes a monopoly. Microsoft and Bill Gates are under constant antitrust investigation, often paying out sky-high sums.
    Your data is a bit weird. Bill Gates hasn't been involved with Microsoft in quite a few years, by now...though now that I think about it, he WAS involved back when the MS anti-trust lawsuit was around, but that was a couple decades back.

I'm not quite as optimistic as Uncle Ber...or pessimistic, it's hard to say. The performance of electric cars can be pretty awesome. but they are simpler. You don't need a transmission, and electric motors are already so efficient that there isn't much, if any, room for improvements. You end up with a simpler total drivetrain, but you turn the car into a computer, and there is loads of potential there, though car companies are notoriously horrid at UI.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Y
    I agree with you. Boring motors with batteries but at least with the styling of your choice...

One area where the tech. is becoming interesting is in-wheel motors where the potential exists to upgrade a petrol car with electric assistance or just removal of the engine altogether, where the in-wheel motors take over. Some adjustment of the suspension is going to be required but this is a potentially useful upgrade for current petrol cars, big or small.

re: China doing this or that. No-one really gives a shot about what comes from China unless it is cheap. What concerns many is the State-sponsored baggage that comes with it. Fuelling an undemocratic, potentially hostile country with all our cash is an issue we all have to come to terms with. Being British, I understand that the Empire's days are over and our ability to do anything about it are equally over too. We just have to lap it up.

If you are the current dominant power then it ought to concern you and hence buy American. In Europe, Ford, Tesla and GM (Opel/Vauxhall) all create 'world cars' in the European mould (saloons/ small SUVs). Most other American cars are far to large for most European/Asian tastes.

Personally, I have no allegiance to any country's car maker and I would buy British by default - but that is rather hard these days.

PowerPoster

Mercedes eqe, 700 km range. At $67,000, I don't think it's as good as a Xiaomi car.
    I feel that the design style is old, especially the screen configuration, which is really ugly and too small.It is not worth spending twice the price to buy such a new energy vehicle.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    I agree with you. Boring motors with batteries but at least with the styling of your choice...

Personally, I have no allegiance to any country's car maker and I would buy British by default - but that is rather hard these days.
    On the contrary, the United States is cracking down on Huawei's CPU manufacturing and Huawei's mobile phone sales. He was even banned from selling the world's best 5G communication equipment.

In fact, it is the same in China. If the government purchases or the hospital purchases some equipment. Some very reliable manufacturers say that we only need $100000, but eventually we may buy $150000 or $200000 equipment.

India was once a colony of the British Empire. And Hong Kong area and many other countries.
    Used to take aircraft carriers to the Atlantic and Pacific. Conquer the world by force.
    Until the little boy in America ruled the world with the atomic bomb.
    Samsung mobile phones are almost synonymous with junk products in China. But it is still the second most powerful mobile phone company in the world by sales and profits.

So Koreans call themselves the Republic of Korea. Tesla has many sales companies around the world, several large factories in China, and a large number of 4S stores and sales departments.
    The strength of a country in peacetime sometimes depends on the strong sales department, production department and technical service department in different countries around the world.
    Like some of Siemens' industrial equipment.
    Industrial technology, hardware technology and software technology are the real strength of a country.
    At present, many Russian weapons are still using electronic tubes or old technology, so their economy is also doomed.

Because manufacturers whose prices are too low will cause hospitals or some government managers to earn kickbacks from them.
    Even if they sell Xiaomi mobile phones and Apple mobile phones. If the millet mobile phone is only sold for $300. The iPhone sells for $1000. The commission of the salesmen varies a lot.

So despite some unjustified technological warfare. We haven't banned the sale of Apple phones. Android phones on mobile phones can completely replace Apple phones.

Even many Chinese people like it very much. The United States has won the German brand Mercedes-Benz. BMW. Porsche or Maserati.

More and more people like domestic brands, only 50% of the price can buy electric sports cars, why not buy it?
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 1st, 2024 at 08:42 AM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Your data is a bit weird. Bill Gates hasn't been involved with Microsoft in quite a few years, by now...though now that I think about it, he WAS involved back when the MS anti-trust lawsuit was around, but that was a couple decades back.

I'm not quite as optimistic as Uncle Ber...or pessimistic, it's hard to say. The performance of electric cars can be pretty awesome. but they are simpler. You don't need a transmission, and electric motors are already so efficient that there isn't much, if any, room for improvements. You end up with a simpler total drivetrain, but you turn the car into a computer, and there is loads of potential there, though car companies are notoriously horrid at UI.
    Technology is developing too fast. In fact, the new energy vehicle is a mobile computer.A car has dozens of radars. Hundreds of data collectors.
    Bill Gates once said that the personal computer would replace those huge computers in the factory. Finally, the mobile phone replaced most of the functions of the computer.

In the future, many people may be able to fly private planes. It may be powered by electricity, or it may use gasoline or hydrogen energy.There are also a large number of robots running in factories, or working for you instead of nannies in every household.

Too many words xiao, as usual, stick to one subject if you can or you risk ruining your own thread (as usual).

PowerPoster

We don't know many brands of cars made in China, that is to say, we don't have much popularity.
    It also creates the feeling that sports cars seem to be foreign brands.
    As a result, Xiaomi has now built an electric sports car.

It only costs about $40,000 to grab $100,000 to $200,000, ah, some orders for super cars.
    As far as I know, Great Wall Motor has been making Haval SUVs. And tanks and SUVs.
    Today I thought about this question, why can't these companies make cars like Porsche? They don't even seem to think about it.

In fact, many automobile manufacturers belong to state-owned enterprises. The chairman or some senior managers, they do not have too much power, as far as possible in the work is to reduce errors, to ensure stability is the most important. He doesn't have the ability to get tens of billions of yuan directly to create a new brand or put high-end electric cars on the shelves.

Many automobile manufacturers, who only make some trucks or off-road vehicles, can support tens of thousands of employees in the whole factory with large orders in this small area. This is already the greatest contribution to society.
    They never dared to dream that they could make a car like Tesla.

The Japanese once dismantled the new energy vehicle of Wuling Hongguang Mini. The electric car of BYD seal model was also dismantled. It was found that only the bearings of the whole car were made of Japanese accessories.
    With the rise of new energy vehicles, Japan will lose a lot of revenue. If a large number of displays or motors. Ultrasonic radar and other equipment use Japanese components, so they can make a lot of profits.

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post

One area where the tech. is becoming interesting is in-wheel motors where the potential exists to upgrade a petrol car with electric assistance or just removal of the engine altogether, where the in-wheel motors take over. Some adjustment of the suspension is going to be required but this is a potentially useful upgrade for current petrol cars, big or small.

re: China doing this or that. No-one really gives a shot about what comes from China unless it is cheap. What concerns many is the State-sponsored baggage that comes with it. Fuelling an undemocratic, potentially hostile country with all our cash is an issue we all have to come to terms with. Being British, I understand that the Empire's days are over and our ability to do anything about it are equally over too. We just have to lap it up.

If you are the current dominant power then it ought to concern you and hence buy American. In Europe, Ford, Tesla and GM (Opel/Vauxhall) all create 'world cars' in the European mould (saloons/ small SUVs). Most other American cars are far to large for most European/Asian tastes.

My concern would be on safety. The EU standards and US standards are different, in that regard, and both have their strong points. I wouldn't care to say which is better, but both are pretty strong. Any car that is made such that it passes those standards is 'good enough', to me. Beyond that, though, there are loads of considerations, such as reliability, cost of ownership, ease of use, styling, and so forth....now with the addition of UI. I want to see some of those panzer dial widgets on the display panel.

Still, what is currently missing in the US are the low end cars. If you look at the cheapest new car on the market, it's loaded with bells and whistles such as electric locks, windows, and so on, which were only found on high-end cars in the 90s. It may be that supply chains are such that a manual window is now more expensive than an electric one, but it doesn't have to be that way. The low end of the market is simply missing. Electric cars could remedy that, but it's not looking likely. I just don't think the appetite is there in this country.

To be clear, the appetite for cheaper cars is there, but the appetite among new car buyers may not be there.

The MG we bought (MGZS EV) has a current five star NCAP rating and a range of 270 miles, charges from 0 to 85% in two hours. The top of the range MGZS EV was cheaper than the equivalent VW by 8-10,000 GBP and that was not the top of the range VW. It is hard for the heart to make a choice when the cash does it for you.

It has a British marque but it is thoroughly Chinese tech.

That's not the current US experience, I'm afraid.

Keep an eye out for MG when it finally arrives in the US. They are for sale in Oz, NZ, the EU and here. They will get there soon enough. I know it sounds like I'm selling them but I'm not. I'm thoroughly sceptical, the trouble is I bought one and my wife raves about it. When I drive it - 0-60 in 8.9 secs and it feels like a solid new car. It is winning me over and I think the future is nigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phOeoU7YF68

A review.
    Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber; Apr 1st, 2024 at 01:20 PM.

Absolutely everybody makes a car in that shape. I had a Subaru Crosstrek, which I had to put some decals on, cause I kept confusing it with other cars.

Currently, since I can only realistically have one car (nowhere to put a second one), all electric isn't an option for me. I like the idea of crossing the US on all electric, just because of the interesting challenge of it, currently. There's a whole lot of nothing in a big swath of this country. I'm not sure it's totally feasible, but then, I haven't looked.

I'm plug-in hybrid. My commuting is all electric in the summer, mostly all electric in the winter, but I have gas for the longer trips I make a few times each year. It's the compromise I have to make, currently. Lovin' it, though.

Britain is a lot smaller, so pure electric makes more sense here.

PowerPoster

The penetration rate of new energy vehicles in the Netherlands reached 45% from 2023 to June, and Tesla Model Y was the best seller.and the water city of Venice. These small countries are very small, and the roads are very narrow, so bicycles have become the main force.
    Especially for Japan. In this way, small cars are more needed in narrow areas with limited energy resources.

In fact, the best way is to rent batteries. In China, many people deliver express or run takeout. An electric car with two wheels. They will lease the battery for $50 a month.
    If a large number of new energy vehicles are listed in Japan, they can at least become very environmentally friendly. China's NIO electric vehicles have been advocating a battery replacement scheme. But the price of the car itself has also increased by 50%.

If the battery can not be replaced, eventually a car is a disposable product, just like a mobile phone, an average of 2 years to buy a new one.Maybe the average life span of new energy vehicles is 7 years. In the first four years, the power is relatively sufficient, and then the endurance is getting lower and lower.

The $7000 Wuling Hongguang Mini is so small that it can park two cars in one parking space.
    Does the iPhone only cost $800 in the United States? If you spend $1500 and buy one with the highest configuration, will anyone use it for five years?
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 1st, 2024 at 06:15 PM.

PowerPoster

Lei Jun: Mi SU7 accelerates in 2.78 seconds Accelerate from zero to 100 kilometers per hour.
    ?and has a maximum speed of 265km/H

In 2019, MG EZS is equipped with a 44.5 kWh capacity ternary lithium battery pack, and the NEDC range of the vehicle reaches 335 km.
    Its selling price is. $36,000, £ 25,000.
    With such a configuration, the millet electric vehicle can achieve a range of 700 kilometers.Looks like a Porsche sports car.
    New China can make a $50,000 SUV electric car with a range of about 800 kilometers.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 1st, 2024 at 06:09 PM.

Yeah. We have had 100 years to build out an infrastructure around gas. It's so common that people can see it as part of the scenery. That's not the case. Electricity offers so many different alternatives that what proves to work best has probably not yet been figured out.

King of sapila

We have covered this in another thread but I would like to be annoying again and say that you are producing electricity by mostly burring some type of fuel. Wind and panel are low on that.
    So when you think "Ah, I'm using electricity, I'm environment friendly" you are actually not, also add the batteries disposal to the factor.
    Now running these e-buckets is another thing, some might like them some might not.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

The penetration rate of new energy vehicles in the Netherlands reached 45% from 2023 to June, and Tesla Model Y was the best seller.and the water city of Venice. These small countries are very small, and the roads are very narrow, so bicycles have become the main force.
    The roads are very narrow??
    We have separate roads for bicycles and we have even more roads which are only allowed for cars (and trucks), those highways are not narrow. In larger cities the bike is the most popular, due to the more and more limited access for cars.
    By the way, the recent introduced electric vehicles at first were mostly SUV, which are even bigger (wider) than previous cars, except for Tesla
    Parking spaces are the problem nowadays, these were not designed for these huge cars.
    The roads are fine

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    We have covered this in another thread but I would like to be annoying again and say that you are producing electricity by mostly burring some type of fuel. Wind and panel are low on that.
    So when you think "Ah, I'm using electricity, I'm environment friendly" you are actually not, also add the batteries disposal to the factor.
    Now running these e-buckets is another thing, some might like them some might not.
    Serious haze weather in big cities?So we need to generate electricity in poor areas, where coal is produced, so that we don't need to transport coal to big cities to generate electricity. 1 million volt UHV transmission is adopted to save energy.50% Loss of energy

Taking an average of 600 yuan per ton of standard coal as an example, one ton of standard coal can generate more than 3300 kilowatt-hours of electricity, which can achieve a marginal contribution of 630 yuan, while the direct sale of one ton of raw coal can only achieve a marginal contribution of 200 yuan. Taking 1 ton of standard coal as the unit, the income of power transmission is 430 yuan more than that of coal transportation. Pingwei Power Plant transmits 14 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity a year through UHV, which is converted into 5.5 million tons of standard coal, 5.5 million * 430 yuan, and the economic benefit of transmission is 2.36 billion yuan more than that of coal transportation.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 2nd, 2024 at 08:07 AM.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    The roads are very narrow??
    We have separate roads for bicycles and we have even more roads which are only allowed for cars (and trucks), those highways are not narrow. In larger cities the bike is the most popular, due to the more and more limited access for cars.
    By the way, the recent introduced electric vehicles at first were mostly SUV, which are even bigger (wider) than previous cars, except for Tesla
    Parking spaces are the problem nowadays, these were not designed for these huge cars.
    The roads are fine
    Ahh, Good ol' Greece.
    We have adopted the "once a bicycle always a bicycle" system. Meaning bicycles can go in every road that a wheel can wheel . So that practical means I'm driving down the road an 'svvvinnnn!!!' , 'rooooaaaaaaddddsssnnnn'''!, 'svssssssssss!', bicycles passing left an right, ignoring any red lights not caring about sidewalks or pedestrians or anything else that walks , swims , fly or crawl the planet!
    Also note that they are more power efficient than e-buckets

That's situationally true. Where I am, there's a LOT of hydro power. That impacts fish in various and sundry ways. It also results in the second cheapest electricity in the US (the cheapest is also hydro power down in the TVA region). We have no coal plants, few gas plants, lots of wind, and less solar than you would expect considering we have so much desert.

Gas is always damaging. The extraction, refining, transporting, storage, and distribution, all come with costs. Some of those costs can be mitigated, some cannot. Electricity can come from such a wide variety of sources that the cost can range from higher than oil and gas extraction to much lower than oil and gas extraction. Additionally, while the impact of gas extraction will only get worse, since there is no theoretical way to obtain it without increasingly impactful means, the same cannot be said of electricity. There are less harmful ways to generate electricity and more harmful ways, but there are also theoretical approaches that can be vastly better. Basically, the floor of the cost range for oil and gas extraction is high, and the ceiling is much higher. The floor for the cost range of electrical generation is near zero, and the ceiling is also much high.

The same might not be said of batteries, but I'm not entirely sure about that. Current batteries have a certain cost. What is possible in the future? We don't know. There sure are a lot of interesting technologies being worked on. Will something prove viable at scale? We'll see.

So, in summary: The impact of gas is high and can't go lower. The impact of electricity is variable and can go far lower.

And then there's the economics. My commuting is electric in the summer and mostly electric in the winter. I can calculate that my electric range equates to roughly 1.1 gallons of gas/day. That gas would currently cost me around $3.60. The cost in electricity is roughly $1.25. The bottom line for the consumer can be calculated. Actual cost/benefit depends on how life is lived, though, and that can vary widely.

King of sapila

Currently it cannot be done. Even if we all go to the river and pee to the generators for more power it will not be much.
    Also batteries are mostly lithium based so the resources are far more finite than gas and jumping up the creation of new e-buckets will make them go away even faster.
    Also you cannot e-bucket the most consuming vehicle in the world. Planes. It's a nice dream you got there but it will end soon at it's current form. No corporation gives a F about e-buckets and the environment they just want to trend out also if it posed a risk for oil companies the e-buckets would have gone just like that.
    So whatever we may do , I guess the only thing would be space fuels. And of course the well know and established solution, cow farts.

PowerPoster

Currently it cannot be done.
    Of course not. The infrastructure alone could take decades. SH point was stated clearly, "The impact of gas is high and can't go lower. The impact of electricity is variable and can go far lower."
    We're at the beginning stages and we really don't know what the final solution will be.

Also you cannot e-bucket the most consuming vehicle in the world. Planes.
    No, by far cars consume more. Plus, how does the fact planes use fuel factor into the viable options for cars?

King of sapila

No planes consume more. I was not talking about mass of planes vs mass of cars.

The key factor is what sapator wrote here "if it posed a risk for oil companies the e-buckets would have gone just like that."

Also bear in mind that the Mediterranean has not been excavated yet. If we do that (it's just a matter who will win in that fight as currently opposite forced collide so everything is at a stalemate) then gas prices will go extremely low again. Again there is no impact of electricity, we are not rubbing balloons here we burn fuel. It's either nuclear to electro or the moon or Mars or something that will BURN fuel to PRODUCE electricity. Electricity is NOT a fuel. E-Buckets are NOT cars they are toys that will go away for something better.

P.S. Cow....Farts??

PowerPoster

No planes consume more. I was not talking about mass of planes vs mass of cars.
    Is your point, one plane uses more more fuel than one car??? lol

The key factor is what sapator wrote here "if it posed a risk for oil companies the e-buckets would have gone just like that."
    When will this conspiracy begin?? Why not now? 16% of this industry is a huge amount of money.
    https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=61344

Actually the petroleum industry has been hard at work for many years trying to control the narrative on climate change and electric vehicles. They've had a lot of success too.
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Apr 2nd, 2024 at 02:18 PM.

King of sapila

There is a point that those climate change freaks own huge planes that consume more or that plains will raise as the attempt of P-Cars might rise.
    What conspiracy? There is no conspiracy what the heck are you talking about? When e-buckets run out it will be business as usual. The conspiracy if you want to call it that way, is that cars are the main responsible for climate change and we need to get rid of them any buy e-bucket that their "fuel" is actually made from the same fuel that conspirator claim to fight because it is responsible for climate change.
    So, what e-bucket do you own and how is that compared to your previous petrol car? Else the posts are just farting cow smoke.

PowerPoster

There is a point that those climate change freaks own huge planes that consume more or that plains will raise as the attempt of P-Cars might rise.
    What conspiracy? There is no conspiracy what the heck are you talking about? When e-buckets run out it will be business as usual. The conspiracy if you want to call it that way, is that cars are the main responsible for climate change and we need to get rid of them any buy e-bucket that their "fuel" is actually made from the same fuel that conspirator claim to fight because it is responsible for climate change.
    So, what e-bucket do you own and how is that compared to your previous petrol car? Else the posts are just farting cow smoke.
    See, I told you the petroleum has been working hard on controlling the climate change narrative. lol

King of sapila

Oook?
    So your car. Is it a Tesla? A Xiaomi? Are you an electrofreak? lol

PowerPoster

Oook?
    So your car. Is it a Tesla? A Xiaomi? Are you an electrofreak? lol
    No, actually it's a 1998 Dodge Caravan. But it has been heavily modified. Nothing to do with how it's powered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast