Page 1590 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 59010901490154015801587158815891590159115921593160016401690 ... LastLast
Results 63,561 to 63,600 of 68908

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

Should have been three weeks from that date.

Pretty cool, though. Good job!
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

I can start talking about it without NDA now - that's going to be a hard habit to break! Investors would be cool right now - that's what I'm asking Santa for!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    This is a better image - happy day!
    Thats awesome Steve!!

Single Table Index Relational Database, can you talk about it now? Inquiring minds want to know.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

The "necessity" part of the "mother of invention" was when two partners (that I have in this venture) and I were creating a document management system. Typically you tell these kinds of systems what kind of "tags" you want in advance for indexing the documents. I went into these R&D sessions ADAMANT that I would not allow tables and indexes to be created for each and every lookup possibility.

The ever more common "key/value" databases have no relationships and indexes at all...

I guess we are the best of both worlds.

This would be our new "elevator pitch" - I got to change a word today!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by szlamany; Dec 5th, 2018 at 01:57 PM.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Typical RDBMS implementation

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Typical Key/value implementation. How do you INDEX for COLOR? Or TRANSMISSION for that part?

There is ZERO schema here - thus ZERO relationship.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

So the burn, imo, is the number of tables and columns in the RDBMS - that entity count gets higher and higher and flexibility tanks.

Must get off that ride - limit to one TABLE - one COLUMN - one INDEX - all in one.

That is what is unique and got us the patent. You would have to go to the PAIR site - https://portal.uspto.gov/pair/PublicPair - and look up that patent # - go to PUBLISHED documents - click on the PATENT - click on IMAGES button - figure 1E and 1F - on sheet 5. That is the magic sauce - I can clearly recall the "aha" moment that they say is part of this process - on a bus going to Medieval Times as a chaperone!
    Last edited by szlamany; Dec 5th, 2018 at 08:52 PM.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Couldnt locate the images but bottom line, will this make you money?
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

So, a bus to something old led you to something new? Everybody knows that.

Actually, since this discussion is running the very real risk of being serious, I should also add that I was kind of skimming, and saw the bit about "medieval" and "bus", and thought you were talking about some old hardware architecture.

I can remember working on my first medieval bus - really just a loop of water. Did control traffic though - packets were either let in or dropped in the moat.

Next came the Token Ring - unfortunately that was a misspelling - it was really a Tolkien ring.

Output was done through Defenestration Windows (v0.0.0). And that output was permanent to say the least!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    ...will this make you money?
    That is sorely hoped for!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Its actually raining today! Cold too!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

"Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    Next came the Token Ring - unfortunately that was a misspelling - it was really a Tolkien ring.
    Oh, that's TOO precious!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

If you want it to work on windows you're going to need "more doors".
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

@SzLamany, I'm interested but the link doesn't work for me (says "Service Unavailable") and I don't understand what's new about that from what you've posted here. There obviously is something new because you got your patent but it looks like a standard document orientated database. What am I missing? (I'm guessing what I'm missing is at the other end of that link)
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Yeah, you're missing the other end of the link. The examples shown were, "this is what we have now", whereas there was no such picture for "this is what it new". That is what's in the link.

The examples shown were, "this is what we have now"
    Ah, I miss-read it and thought the second post was "this is what is new". Hopefully the link'll work for me from home. I've been looking for a decent way of implementing schemaless storage for a while now so I'll be very curious to see what SzLamany has achieved.

Happy Friday guys!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I'm headed up to Ft. Hood this weekend to visit my brother and then headed to Cali next weekend! This is a busy December!

I'm currently in Orlando, and heading home tomorrow. It's going to be a SERIOUSLY long day, as it looks like I have a good 5 hour layover in Denver. At least Denver is a good airport to spend time in.

Haha! Chit chat died. I'm just gonna win this Post Race discreetly.....

Sure did become moribund.

Flying home, I had a five hour layover in Denver. Denver airport is a nice place to pass some time....except that my flight to get there was delayed so much that I didn't arrive at Denver until after my connection had left, so I ended up with only a three hour layover till the next option. That were a long 'un.

Just here slaving away with work.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

My truck is in the shop... again.

I'm waiting on McDonalds from UberEats while making a more sophisticated NES emulator in C++ with accurate cycle timing

Emulators intrigue me, but I’m not a hardware guy so I get lost in the documentation for the systems.

I wouldnt mind making a Philips CD-I emulator. Most of the code can be found on Github for M.A.M.E anyways.

I need to start my xmas shopping. Never any free time

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Ok I am really bored! We just had free breakfast burritos at work and Im getting food coma. Someone post something interesting and keep me awake lol

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Can't. Go do your shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    Someone post something interesting and keep me awake lol
    I’ll give you a musical moment of the day – if you are so interested.

For today’s install we’ll do Is-the-cover-video-as-good-as-the-original.

Google for SMOOTH CRIMINAL and go to Video’s. Scroll down to ALIEN ANT FARM – that’s the cover version – watch it first.

Now got back to the google search – watch the Michael Jackson version – pick the SINGLE VERSION so you only have to do 4 minutes – unless you want a 9 minute MJ moment.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Alien Ant Farm's cover was kinda cool but I did get bored of the whole light hearted/comedy skatepunk think that blew up a few years ago. Too many songs about "that girl who hangs out with the jocks and hasn't noticed me because I'm too nerdy" and punked up covers or 80s and 90s pop songs. After a while it all got a bit samey.

I went hunting today and got a nice sized squirrel.

9mm for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    I went hunting today and got a nice sized squirrel.
    Come shoot all the squirrels over at my house!! Damn things get into my engine bay of my cars, eat our oranges leaving a mess and generally cause our dog to bark disturbing the neighbors and now he has a bark collar

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

OMG still sooo full from this mornings bacon breakfast burrito!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Squirrels around here are burying walnuts all over the place. The English Walnut is a beautiful tree....until they start showing up EVERYWHERE, due to squirrels seeding them all over the place. The source appears to be about a block away. Darn squirrels.

I've got a tremendous hickory in my yard. Broomstick hickory or pignut hickory. Seems wood has value. How would one go about figuring that out?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Page 1590 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 59010901490154015801587158815891590159115921593160016401690 ... LastLast