Page 121 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 21711111181191201211221231241311712216211121 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,840 of 68910

Thread: Post Race!

Thumbs up

Good job!!! What's the next goal?

Good Morning All!

good morning katie.

your a couple of minutes late today
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

I know...Ian drove me to work today so he could keep the car....never a happy trip for me...I needed to have a cigarette immediately...so I was late!

How are you?

absolutley bored out of my mind. Last day and I've got nothing to do whatsover, apert form sitting here chatting on this site. No change their then
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

What a happy thing that must be....I've worked here since 1988....I'm definitely ready for a change but I'm stuck until the kids all graduate...I don't want to move in the middle of their high school years.

I'm at the completley other end of the spectrum beeing a contractor. I'm avareging about a different company every 3 month's. It's nice in one way that i'm alway's meeting new people and seeing the country. at the moment I'm happy to do this as i'm still relitavely young and i've got no tie down's at the moment. I probably will go permi when I settle doen in a couple of years or so.

Ian

I work for a contractor too. All this means is that they can move me from program to program...I worked at the F-16 for 2 years, then the B-2 and now the F-22 but I'm still with the same contractor...they just sell us to different programs around base when they feel like it. The down side is they can also let you go any time they want if they don't have a program for you on base....that hasn't happened yet though!

hi everyone, and Everyone...

just to let you know (and to add yet another post to this ever growing thread), ive just got back from the hospital, where I had a large metallic foreign body removed from my eye. Quite traumatic...
    The local anaesthetic hasnt worn off yet either.
    (everyone (and Everyone) laughs at Behemoths floppy face)

Oh I see, sorry, it took me a couple of read's to understand that. You work for a company that has a contract with the US air force ?

Unhappy

Poor Behemoth.....I wouldn't laugh at you

Unhappy

Unhappy

They sure do

how are you all, I've just finished for the day, sitting around surfing the net.

Wow....what happened there???????? My computer is schizophrenic this morning or something!

Yes, Ian I work for a contractor for the Air Force.

Wink

thanks, chuck. Not that I can see you not laughing or anything

Ironically, it is my right eye that's shut.

BTW Katie (can I call u that?), the next goal is 1000 pages - probably in about 3 years time

Chuck????????????

Sorry to hear that mate. how did you do it, too busy looking at a pretty women and walked into lamp post?

chuck - a affectionate name for a mate.

bloody northerners

Smile

Sure you can call me Katie. How long do you think it will take to reach 1000 pages....we could start a pool and the winner gets something wonderful......sherry for Ian, vegetables for me...cheese for PJB...whatever!

can I have beer?

Surely, if were all still regulary members when it arrives, there'll be room for all of us on the 1000th page. that'll be nice.

Ian - ive no idea how I did it. i didnt even know it was an "FB" (thats what they call them in hospital you know!) until i got there. possibly earnt it during a drinking contest of which i have no recollection...

behemoth - last year, I was on crutches for two month's becuase of a drinking game. I got so absolutley drunk, couldn't get a taxi, so I walked home. got to the end of my street, got near to the kurb and my left foot slipped off and went like / off the kurb. The beer numbed the pain and I manged to get home. woke up the next day forgot all about it. Off went my douvet, feet came crashing down on the floor, window went crashing down becuase of my scream and an hour later i was in A&E. broken ankle and a torn ligament. My mates had a great laugh over that,

ouch.
    at least you remember how you got it.
    You're ok now though. Aren't you?

sound's like it was painful.

what does everyone else do, i'm a professional layabout

"student"
    Trust me, the quote marks are necessary...I also do a little data entry and proof reading.

yeah, no permanent damage, but the doctor's said I should be careful with my left foot as it could go quite easy.

that implies many nights down your nice quiet local with a quiet pint and some quiet mates.

Alternatively, a night in with a nice bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream.
    Mmmm...

bollox to that. what do doctor's know

More than us, that's for sure.

Congratulations Simon!!!

(see...I missed it...this is what happens when you have to go to school and learn a load of f*****g useless crap that's never going to help)
    I refuse to tie my hands behind my back and hear somebody say "Bend Over, Boy, Because You Have It Coming To You".
    -- Linus Torvalds

afternoon mike

they only said to be careful for about a year and i'm nearly at the end of that time anyway. still, it didn't stop me going out and getting completly plastered

if doctors orders are for you to sit at home with an alcoholic sherry jelly goat (?), I can hardly see you arguing..!

Morning Oswald............how goes things?

1/2 hour to go and no more paddington , I came back from luch and have been sitting here chatting and nothing else whatsoever

I have been documenting code while chatting.....I wonder if it will make any sense when I'm done???

the following function complete's the how many sherries do you have a week ian and making the sub routine complete.

Right I've got to clean up and shutdown my computer before I leave.

I'm only going to be around in the evening's for a little while so if I miss any of you i'll speak to you when I'm back.

by all

bye. im off too now...

See ya!!!! Stay out of trouble....or at least don't get caught!

Banned

Talking sup

im off from school today too. the power when out. it just came back on.

Lucky you...the rest of us are getting tropical storms in the middle of England

Katie -- I'm fine, how 'bout you? Enjoying the documentation?
    I refuse to tie my hands behind my back and hear somebody say "Bend Over, Boy, Because You Have It Coming To You".
    -- Linus Torvalds

Page 121 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 21711111181191201211221231241311712216211121 ... LastLast