dcsimg

Thread: Exe to vbp

Hyperactive Member notquitehere188's Avatar

Exe to vbp

Does anybody know where i can get a program to convert EXE files to vbp files files and all the different parts

Re: Exe to vbp

Reverse engineering is not available for VB applications.

There ARE some tools available. Try searching for "Semi-Decompiler for VB" on google. There are some open source programs that can do everything APART from getting your original source code i.e. can recover all Module Names, Form Names, Form Objects etc.

Lively Member

There are also people wo can completely reverse engineer exe's. They charge tho...

Email jeremy@xanadu.net with the exe. HOWEVER change the exe's extension
    from

.exe

to

.eexxee

he will send u 1/3 of the code before any money swaps hands.
    Normality is what you make it.

All of the above would be ILLEGAL anyway.

It would be illegal to decompile OTHER peoples programs, but if you have meerly lost your original source and wish to recover it, then there are NO legal complications.

I have seen many people who have lost their code. I always suggest using multiple backups..... IE floppy, cd, zip, website, email where ever you can.
    Semi VB Decompiler 0.07 Getting better everyday
    http://www.visualbasiczone.com/produ...ivbdecompiler/
    VisualBasicZone
    http://www.visualbasiczone.com
    EasyPHPBB.com
    Free PHPBB forums the quick and easy way!

Quote Originally Posted by Freshbrew
    It would be illegal to decompile OTHER peoples programs, but if you have meerly lost your original source and wish to recover it, then there are NO legal complications.
    You wouls still have to have some proof of you being the only owner ...

Im sorry but anyone who loses the source code to an importaint app deserves to have it lost. notquitehere188, I am not saying that this is your case, I hope it is not... but if it is your best bet is to start from whatever you still have..
    Using VS.NET 2013/.NET 2.0 through 4.5 * Please mark you thread resolved using the Thread Tools above
    PLEASE INDICATE WHAT VERSION OF VB YOU USE!!!!!!!!!!!
    * If you found a post useful then please Rate it! * DO NOT PM ME WITH LINKS TO YOUR THREADS FOR ANSWERS PLEASE!

Code Bank:Manipulate HTML Page content in the Web Browser Control from VB - Drag Drop from Windows into Win Form - Launch new default browser instance to open URL - Display Internet Image in Picturebox - Download Files From Web With Progress Bar - IP Textbox User Control - Installing .NET Framework with INNO Setup
    ZerosAndTheOne.com
    -=Matt=-

We have a small business server - do a 100 gig tape-backup daily - 10 day cycle - move the tapes offsight every day.

Programmers must check stuff back into source-safe every day so it's on the server and not on some C: drive waiting for a thunderstorm...

I still freak out about once a month and burn CD's with all my VB code and SQL SPROCS - leave them in odd places at customer sites and around my kitchen...

I back up to CD once a month, and back up to a server and USB drive daily

USB drive goes with me.. that way even in the worst case like all our computers got whiped out, or stolen, or our building blew up.. i would still have a copy
    Using VS.NET 2013/.NET 2.0 through 4.5 * Please mark you thread resolved using the Thread Tools above
    * If you found a post useful then please Rate it! * DO NOT PM ME WITH LINKS TO YOUR THREADS FOR ANSWERS PLEASE!

Code Bank:Manipulate HTML Page content in the Web Browser Control from VB - Drag Drop from Windows into Win Form - Launch new default browser instance to open URL - Display Internet Image in Picturebox - Download Files From Web With Progress Bar - IP Textbox User Control - Installing .NET Framework with INNO Setup
    ZerosAndTheOne.com
    -=Matt=-

... and I personally do the same thing ... I may forget once in awhile the daily routine but general idea remains unchanged: back it up as most often as you can !!!

it is not illegal to decompile your own work but you should always back your work up. one time i did not back up a very large program and my computer crashed and had to be reformatted. i tried this program to try and salvage a .exe that i had already made but i myself do not know how to fully understand the decompile so it did me no good. here is the link and the lite version is free.

http://www.vb-decompiler.org/index.php?p=Download

good luck

peorge

Super Moderator Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Backups are for whimps!!!!

I also throw myself from a bridge every morning hoping for that madressed car to pass by....
    Joacim Andersson
    If anyone's answer has helped you, please show your appreciation by rating that answer.
    I'd rather run ScriptBrix...
    Joacim's view on stuff.

MVP

I'm thinking peorge is spam - what do you all think...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany
    I'm thinking peorge is spam - what do you all think...
    possibly.. this is a thread that is several years old.

ZerosAndTheOne.com
    -=Matt=-

no spam, just came here to look around after doing a google search and clicked on this link. its been 3-4 years since i have posted here. if you feel it is spam just delete it, i could care less.

oh ya and as for the person who said reverse engineering a .exe file could not be done, WRONG!!!

happy new year all

peorge

peorge...

You must admit that it's odd to have someone come along and post #1 that they make is a three year old thread and they offer web links to products (free but donations appreciated!)...

The concept of reverse engineering an .exe to get "original" source-code is what I believe MartinLiss was describing.

Obviously anyone with knowledge of machine code or asm could reverse engineer anything and determine what it is doing and make some level of source code from that...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by peorge
    oh ya and as for the person who said reverse engineering a .exe file could not be done, WRONG!!!
    Actually the person who's WRONG is you.
    VB6 is well protected and there is no way to reverse exe back to its ORIGINAL source. Period, end of story.
    Sure there were many attempts made but non of them could actually be considered.

I can't believe we still talk about this...

My post was legit! Honest

chem

Visual Studio 6, Visual Studio.NET 2005, MASM

Super Moderator Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Marty, since this thread is over 3 years old, can't you just close it?
    Joacim Andersson
    If anyone's answer has helped you, please show your appreciation by rating that answer.
    I'd rather run ScriptBrix...
    Joacim's view on stuff.

MVP