Thread: The Purpose of this Forum

The Purpose of this Forum

The purpose of this forum is to allow for images to be uploaded to this site. These images should be for use in tutorials and FAQs. Images uploaded that do not relate to these or that are for 'chit chat' purposes are subject to be removed by the moderators without question.

When posting images, you must include a link to the article/faq/other in which the image is being used. Failure to do this could result in the image being removed.

Currently this forum is unmoderated. Should this forum get abused, then it will be converted to a moderated forum where no images will display until being approved.

Brad!

Re: The Purpose of this Forum

I have few questions on this,

1.) Is there any limitation that the maximum number of images I can upload on a single thread(or single post)?

2.) Is there any limitation on size take can image(or all images)?

Your answers are appreciate.
    “victory breeds hatred, the defeated live in pain; happily the peaceful live giving up victory and defeat” - Gautama Buddha

1.) 5 attachments per post. No limit of posts per thread.
    2.) The limit of attachment size is determined by your member level. PowerPosters (2048 posts+) are allowed extra limits on attachments.

Tip: If you are going to be posting something like a faq or tutorial then you may want to do some kind of grouping on a per thread basis for easier management.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888
    Tip: If you are going to be posting something like a faq or tutorial then you may want to do some kind of grouping on a per thread basis for easier management.
    Thanks Rob, I think this is the best way. And I think grouping images on tutorials will not confusing readers at all.
    “victory breeds hatred, the defeated live in pain; happily the peaceful live giving up victory and defeat” - Gautama Buddha

Why is brad?
    I want to see more pictures because I like it, I can teach more information with it.

This doesn't make much sense, a separate section for images? Everyone embeds in posts themselves

Quote Originally Posted by scottroberts View Post
    This doesn't make much sense, a separate section for images? Everyone embeds in posts themselves
    it was also 16 years ago when things were different,

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

ah **** sorry, i looked only at last message date