Thread: DLL Problem! Totally Lost!!

Fanatic Member

DLL Problem! Totally Lost!!

Hi everyone. Please read and help me if you can, I am totally lost with this one.

I have a group of projects. That group of projects has 4 projects. 3 ActiveX Dll projects and 1 Exe Project. Some of the DLLs are linked to another one. And the EXE links two of those DLLs.

All the DLLs are home made. They have the data model, app logic, etc.

The way they are linked is by creating a reference to the project (.vbp) instead of referencing directly the .dll. And because of this VB forced to set binary compatability for those DLLs.

Now... when I run the EXE in the IDE, everything works fine. All the DLLs are loaded and do their work. BUT when I create the EXE and execute it maybe one or sometimes none of the DLLs are loaded. And yes, the DLLs are created and registered.

My guess is that there is an older version of those DLLs stuck in the computer. I alredy try unregitering them when regsvr32 /u and also deleting them, restarting the computer, compiling the dlls again, compiling the exe again, runing the EXE, and NOTHING... the DLLS wont get loaded and wont work.

Do you guys or girls have any idea whats going?? How can I make sure I unregistered a DLL so I can start all over again? Why does it work perfectly in the IDE but not when I compile the EXE??
    "The difference between mad and genius is the success"

Fanatic Member
    bump**

Fanatic Member
    bump