dcsimg

Thread: Rich Text Control

Giants World Champs!!!! Mark Gambo's Avatar

Rich Text Control

I have a table in my database that contains Rich text. I need to display it on one of my pages currently I am stripping the richtext characters from the field but I want to know if there is a more elegant way of doing this such as a componet. I would like to be able to insert the data directly from my database into the control and the control will display the data depending upon the richtext coding. Does anyone know of any control that will do this in ASP Classic?

I have tried HTMLArea WYSIWYG editor but I was unable to insert richtext.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Last edited by Mark Gambo; Sep 8th, 2004 at 09:30 PM.
    Regards,

Mark

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful. Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post". Please use [highlight='vb'] your code goes in here [/highlight] tags when posting code. When a question you asked has been resolved, please go to the top of the original post and click "Thread Tools" then select "Mark Thread Resolved."

Hyperactive Member
    Code:
    <OBJECT ID="RichTextBox1" WIDTH=236 HEIGHT=127
     CLASSID="CLSID:3B7C8860-D78F-101B-B9B5-04021C009402">
        <PARAM NAME="_ExtentX" VALUE="6244">
        <PARAM NAME="_ExtentY" VALUE="3334">
        <PARAM NAME="_Version" VALUE="393217">
        <PARAM NAME="Enabled" VALUE="1">
        <PARAM NAME="TextRTF" VALUE="{\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
    \viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1033\f0\fs17 RichTextBox1
    \par }
    ">
    </OBJECT>
    That will insert a rich text box into the HTML page.

cjqp
    When your answer is the Arc Sin of 1.015, you should check your Pythagorean triple.

cjqp,

Thanks for the code, I am not able to view Richtext, what am I doing wrong? Here is a snipet of my code:

Code:

<PARAM NAME="TextRTF" VALUE=<%= rstSummary.Fields("Summary").Value%>>

I am using IE6.0.

What other types of controls can be created using the method that you posted?

Thanks,
    Last edited by Mark Gambo; Sep 10th, 2004 at 07:56 PM.
    Regards,

Mark

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful. Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post". Please use [highlight='vb'] your code goes in here [/highlight] tags when posting code. When a question you asked has been resolved, please go to the top of the original post and click "Thread Tools" then select "Mark Thread Resolved."

Hyperactive Member
    Two things to try:
    1) Put quotes around the <%=...%>
    2) Try it without the ASP include stuff, make sure it displays that way.

Also, I got the code from Microsoft's ActiveX Control Pad. You can download it from their site. It allows you to browse available ActiveX components and include them into a webpage. All that you need to put into the OBJECT tag is a control name, class id (CLSID), and some things that the control needs to know.

cjqp
    When your answer is the Arc Sin of 1.015, you should check your Pythagorean triple.

cjqp,
    I am not able to view any type of RichText including your example. When I view the page all I get is a box with a little box in the upper lefthand corner of the box that contains a small red box, a green circle and a blue triangle. Any suggestions? Do I have to enable any features on the IIS?

Thanks
    Regards,

Mark

Hyperactive Member
    Hmm, its displaying that way for me too...weird. Try downloading Microsoft's ActiveX Control pad and see if you can successfully insert the RTB.

cjqp

cjqp
    I downloading the Microsoft's ActiveX Control pad and the program kept on crashing (I assume it was written for Win 95 and I have WinXP). So I guess it is back to the drawing Board. Were you able to get it to work?

Thanks again,
    Regards,

Mark

Hyperactive Member
    Hmm, I have WinXP and the control pad worked fine for me, that's weird. No, I have not been able to get the RTB control to work. At what point does the control pad crash for you?

cjqp