Thread: ocx components

Fanatic Member

ocx components

Greetings,

Are some controls necessary for development; but not necessary to be registered when the executable is setup?

For instance, I am running an executable called "program.exe" on my hard drive. I had ran the setup and the executable runs fine.

I now want to make some modifications to the source code. When I went to load the corresponding .vbp, some mesages informed me that these OCXs were missing, which are apparently Crescent Quickpack 3rd party controls:

cstext32.ocx
    cscomb32.ocx
    cscmd32.ocx
    cslist32.ocx

I thoroughly searched my entire computer and any connected servers and could not find these.

My question is:

Why does the executable setup and run fine without these controls accessible, yet I can't compile my .vbp without them?

Thank you,
    Jim

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! kleinma's Avatar
    any ActiveX OCX (CONTROL) or ActiveX DLL must be registered and be on the system to work properly

Fanatic Member

Cool 2 years after the fact...

so when I include those in the install, do I need to include the corresponding oca and dep files for each of them?
    Jim

Hyperactive Member

Re: 2 years after the fact...

Originally posted by JimMuglia
    so when I include those in the install, do I need to include the corresponding oca and dep files for each of them?
    Jim
    no just include them and register them
    Born to help others
    (If I've been helpful then please rate my post. Thanks)

call me EJ or be slapped!

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar
    When you do your "basic" development as well, you're using controls. TextBox1, Command1, etc. are all controls.

Like he says, just include them in the installer, it'll register them for you.

Fanatic Member
    Thanks guys.

So, what you're both saying is: include the 4 components only, and then the oca and dep will be created when they are registered at install, correct? I realize you might want to say "Well duuh..."; but I'm just making sure. :-)

Thank you,
    Jim