Thread: New Feedback Forum Policies

Fanatic Member

Exclamation

Due to the recent abusal of this feedback forum for chit chat posts by certain members (you know who you are!), we have decided to stop counting posts in this forum (as well as the chit chat forum) on your post counts. This comes into effect as of now, and any previous posts made in this forum have been deducted from your post count. We apologise to those who have been using this forum for valid reasons or who have lost posts on their count due to valid posts.

We will also be deleting any posts that are nominations for gurus, as well as closing threads that head off topic. Please use this forum for its purpose, not just a place for general chit chat. If we find that people are abusing this forum still, we will consider banning certain users from this particular forum.

Thanks for your compliance,
    John

Fanatic Member

Thumbs up

Excellent Rule!!

Actually I was just about to have a whinge about the fact that my post count went down by about 20 but now I'm happy.

One thing though,

It might be a negative effect, but if the poeple who used these areas to increase their post count decide to start chit chating in the programming area, you'll see an increase of garbage in the real programming discussion.

I Wonder, do people care more about the validity of the post count over the quality of the discussion groups? I mean if post count abuse is the only price you pay for reducing the garbage level in the discussions then maybe it's worth it!

Food for thought...

I suppose it's not such a big deal either way, I see a lot of high quality code come from "new members" such that I don't associate the validity of a reply with a title anyway.

great site this, keep up the good work, being in sysadmin I can imagine many of the annoyances you face.
    Paul Dwyer
    Network Engineer
    Aussie In Tokyo

Using Powerbasic 6 & VB6 SP4 (Please also add your VB Version to your signature!)

Fanatic Member
    And I've seen THAT happen sooooooo many times in other forums, it's a shame. Maybe a place to report off-topic posts should be created if that get's out of hand.