Thread: A simple Claculator in Vb6.0

A simple Claculator in Vb6.0

I just recently began programming and really havent learned much about it yet however i am studing it. I am working with a friend to make a type of toolkit for a game and i was asked to make a simple calculator. I have the form created and some code written but the only thing i cannot figure out is with buttons such as add and subtract would i need to state them as being something? If so could someone please point me to the right direction and not really naming anything but like an article i could read to sort of figure things out?
    Thank you for the help

Weltall 2

Re: A simple Claculator in Vb6.0

Originally posted by weltall 2
    I just recently began programming and really havent learned much about it yet however i am studing it. I am working with a friend to make a type of toolkit for a game and i was asked to make a simple calculator. I have the form created and some code written but the only thing i cannot figure out is with buttons such as add and subtract would i need to state them as being something? If so could someone please point me to the right direction and not really naming anything but like an article i could read to sort of figure things out?
    Thank you for the help

Weltall 2

cmdAdd_Click:

Me.txtResult=Me.txtResult+someValue

'textResult is the main display should be initialized to 0.

cmdSub_Click:

Me.txtResult=Me.txtResult-someValue

etc etc...

You may need to use the CLng() function if you're dealing with other expressions..etc.

Hyperactive Member
    Here is a Link for a simple calculator example in vb to get you started.
    Enjoy!!!
    apps_tech

i recommend, if your learning to program a calculator, you read up on arrays. if you havent already. each element of your calculation should be done through arrays, its easier than calculating the sum after each operator. plus keep BODMAS in mind as your calculations will be inaccurate otherwise.

Here is the sample calculator that comes with VB6 samples from the MSDN disc's.
    Attached Files Attached Files