Thread: VB/DX7: Gems 'N Rocks 2 [Source]

192.168.0.1 Preferred Animal: Penguin Reason for errors: Line#38

VB/DX7: Gems 'N Rocks 2 [Source]

This is a sequel of a game i made a while back. The original was done using pictureboxes. This one's in DX.

It's a bit work-in-progress, and there are a few bugs (some times you can't move into empty tiles), but i still think it's worth posting here.

If anyone wants to see the one using picture boxes i'll be happy to post it as well.

Arrow-keys to move. The level fades in, during which you can't move. If you do move during this the movement bug could occur, so have patients.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quotes:
    "I am getting better then you guys.." NoteMe, on his leet english skills.
    "And I am going to meat her again later on tonight." NoteMe
    "I think you should change your name to QuoteMe" Shaggy Hiker, regarding NoteMe
    "my sweet lord jesus. I've decided never to have breast implants" Tom Gibbons
    Have I helped you? Please Rate my posts.

Really nice
    How much changed here? Is it just been ported to Dx or is there some extras? Seems like the viewing distance has got a little smaller .

How about an option for turning off the fog of war? Like a difficulty thing .
    When your thread has been resolved please edit the original post in the thread ()
    and amend "-[RESOLVED]-" to the end of the title and change the icon to , Thank you.

When posting Code use the [VBCode]Code Here[/VBCode] tags to be able to use the code highlighting.

The only thing that's really changed in the DX version is lighting. Although now i use less pictures because i rotate them using DX.

I could change the fog i suppose, although without it can be a little too easy, especially the numbered levels.

If you want a bigger viewing range in the loadmap function in the save/load module change this:

PlayerFOV = 5 'Default value

to be something like 10.
    Quotes:

Yeah FOV = 10 is alot more friendly . Aren't the "Green Theme" Maps new too, I don't remember them from last time?
    When your thread has been resolved please edit the original post in the thread ()
    and amend "-[RESOLVED]-" to the end of the title and change the icon to , Thank you.

When posting Code use the [VBCode]Code Here[/VBCode] tags to be able to use the code highlighting.

Yeah didn't include them last time, don't know why. Those maps were all made from a friend of mine (who liked the green enemies).
    Quotes: