Thread: damn UPS!!!!

Frenzied Member

Angry damn UPS!!!!

no one was home today to pick up my new laptop! so i go to pick it up and they refused telling me it will come agian tomorrow between 10:30 and 2 (when no one will be home again), so i have to hold it until tomorrow when i can pick it up then. i want my new laptop

Don't cry.....I want your new laptop too...

They really should have allowed you to pick it up. Go back and light the person at the counter on fire.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you just water down your vodka.

Take credit, not responsibility

Well if you think the postal service where you live is bad you should visit the UK.

Three years ago I purchased Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition from Amazon and awaited eagarly for its delivery.

The door bell rung and I went to the door. By the time I had got there (about 30 seconds) the delivery person had posted a card through the door saying they had missed me and the parcel had been taken back to the depot.

So I went to the depot the next day to pick it up and they couldn't find it. After much deliberation they realised that it had been taken back out for delivery. By the time I got home there was another card posted through my door saying they had missed me again.

So I called them and told them to hold it at the depot and not to try and re-deliver. The next day I went to the depot to pick it up and it wasn't there; they had taken it back out to deliver again.

When I finally got home I didn't find a card posted through my door. I found the package left on top of the wheelie bin in our front garden. It was only £250 worth of software left out in full public view - but when I phoned them to complain they claimed I had told them to leave it outside
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

Throw your feces at them.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you just water down your vodka.

Take credit, not responsibility

I got VC++.NET 2003 delivered the other day from Amazon. I missed the delivary yestaday (was asleep ), My card said to go to the depo after 24 hours , I live right around the corner nearly from it . I went anyway but it had closed at 13:00 (it was now 14:00'ish at this time). Mind I managed to collect it today ok .

Had it said on your card that you had to collect it or they would come again tomorrow?
    When your thread has been resolved please edit the original post in the thread ()
    and amend "-[RESOLVED]-" to the end of the title and change the icon to , Thank you.

When posting Code use the [VBCode]Code Here[/VBCode] tags to be able to use the code highlighting.

It was parcel force - need I say more?

I can't really remember what it said it was so long ago. I think it was just one of their standard cards.
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Should i even mention royal mail on here or is it a bombshell??
    If you dribble then you are as mad as me

Lost World Creations Website (XBOX Indie games)
    Lene Marlin

Strangly enough it was royal Mail that brought both my packages from Amazon this week . The first one was fine but the second one they came at something like 07:00 !!! . They don't even deliver the normal post that early .

Mind I've had trouble with them before (darnit look what you've done by mentioning them) I think my mum sent me some mail that was sent there and they wouldn't deliver it to me because it was something like a tiny (like a penny or two) over weight not only that but they didn't tell me for almost 2weeks later that I could collect it from the office for a £1 odd charge (for being a couple of pence over weight ).
    When your thread has been resolved please edit the original post in the thread ()
    and amend "-[RESOLVED]-" to the end of the title and change the icon to , Thank you.

When posting Code use the [VBCode]Code Here[/VBCode] tags to be able to use the code highlighting.

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar
    The royal mail are a bunch of jobsworths. Sell you the time of day, they would.
    I don't live here any more.

I think of the Royal Mail in terms of TCP/IP.

Royal Mail is the IP part (best effort delivery).

The Royal Mail have been going downhill for a while... I can remember when they were supposed to be the "best postal service in the world".

I've got a friend who has worked for them for several years, and he can see the problems getting worse. He reckons the trouble is that they have got into the habit of employing lots of lazy people, and don't punish them for not working. That means everybody who does work properly has to make up the slack, so they tend to rush things to get the job done, and so make mistakes (like forgetting to leave a card to say an item was over-weight).

At least it's better than the Spanish postal service.. last year I sent some postcards there, and they took about 4 months to get back to Blighty!

Originally posted by Electroman
    ... I could collect it from the office for a £1 odd charge (for being a couple of pence over weight ).
    I had that EXACT thing at the beginning of the week. My brother mailed me something and it was 7 pence under. So the note came through the door after a few days telling me to pick it up from the HQ in town. I had to pay the 7 pence plus the £1 fee

I wonder how many charact
    Well, things aren't exactly peachy for the parcel services in the US either. The US Post Office is probably the best at holding packages at the depot, and not leaving them for public perusal, requiring signatures and such. And they're cheap... they really turned that ship around.

However, the United Parcel Service (UPS) has always been a thorn for me. They have silly hours 9am to 4pm, they leave $2000 worth of equipment sitting on your doorstep, and they always try re-delivering a package about 2 times (if you missed me yesterday at noon while I was at work, chances are I am also at work the following day too *******es!)

I remember when my wife was waiting for a package, and their service desk closed at 4 in the afternoon. She wanted that package so bad, she somehow got hold a regional supervisor and kept hounding her "why, if there are people working in the back loading trucks, one of them couldn't simply come and answer the door and get the package for her.... "

The super said she could fill out a complaint form... the following day of course when the service center opened... lol.

btw,FedEX is pretty darn convenient and fast, but expensive.
    Last edited by nemaroller; May 27th, 2004 at 07:29 AM.

Sounds like someone should have used FEDEX!
    Being educated does not make you intelligent.

Need a weekend getaway??? Come Visit

Hyperactive Member
    Originally posted by Memnoch1207
    Sounds like someone should have used FEDEX!
    Didn't FedEx and UPS recently merge becoming Fed-Up which also describes their customer satisfaction rating.

[/groan]

Frenzied Member
    mmmm got my laptop