Thread: Library reference problem [resolved]

Library reference problem [resolved]

Hello;

The following is a new one for me....I just tried to open an existing project I have not touched in over two months. The client needs some changes made today, but when I run it, it cannot see the key library that has the intrinsic VB functions like 'Trim' and 'Chr'. I get an error when I try to run it saying "Can't find project or library". Now I have sufferred much grief since learning this language viv-a-vis library references, so I am no stranger to this type of problem. But this is the first time I have had a reference issue with basic VB functions. I have checked the references against another project that also uses these same basic functions, and they are identical. I have the following references included:

"Visual Basic For Applications" (VBA6.dll)
    "Visual Basic Runtime Objects and Procedures" (msvbvm60.dll)
    "Visual Basic Objects and Procedures" (VB6.OLB)

When I try to uncheck any of the above three, it will not allow it as it says that there are objects already referencing the library. And when I try to check off another version of "Visual Basic for Applications", I get the conflicting name error. Not to bite the hand that feeds me, but is Microsoft trying to make extra work for us all? Why on earth can they not specify in the error message which library there is a problem with? Any assistance or thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by ahara; Mar 15th, 2004 at 02:56 PM.
    "Knowledge is gained when different people look at the same information in different ways"

- Louis Pasteur

[RESOLVED]

rebooted my box twice....on the second time, the project found the library it could not find. Wish I knew why it did this - but it runs now so I guess that's good enough!!
    "Knowledge is gained when different people look at the same information in different ways"

- Louis Pasteur