dcsimg

Thread: Windows 2000 Server Hard Drive Copy / RAID?? This is important?!?!? Help Please!

Question Windows 2000 Server Hard Drive Copy / RAID?? This is important?!?!? Help Please!

Hey guys,

I know this isn't the right forum, but i know you guys are really smart and there are a lot of IT professionals that browse this board. I've never done this before, and i will delete it if it really should be here, but i've got a major problem at work.

The General PC forum is not busy enough for me to get this in a timely manor, and i've been looking...

here's my post:

Windows 2000 Server Hard Drive Copy / RAID??

I have a high point raid on my system. I have a 60 gig drive and am running Windows 2000 Server. I have a new 120 gig drive that i would like to put in... how would i copy these over? If i just used my RAID BIOS, would it show up as a 120 gig drive or just a 60 gig drive. ???

But i need to get all the info from the 60 gig drive to my 120 gig drive, windows doesn't really like this because of active directory.

Anybody have any ideas?

Again, i'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot, it's just really important. And i've never done this before

Thanks in advance!
    C++/VB6&.NET/QBasic/HTML/PHP/MySQL/SQLServer2k

I'm the guy your little brother looks a lot alike. Tell your mom i said thanks.

naked in vegas

::bump::
    C++/VB6&.NET/QBasic/HTML/PHP/MySQL/SQLServer2k

I'm the guy your little brother looks a lot alike. Tell your mom i said thanks.

naked in vegas

Para80d,

What you should do is take an image backup (ghost etc..) of the server, switch the 60GB drives for 120GB drives then restore the image (should give you 60GB drives). Then use something like Server Magic to enlarge the partition to the full 120GB.

I assume you are changing all your RAID drives and you are using RAID 5.