Thread: dbgrid32.ocx help

dbgrid32.ocx help

Hi I'm currently working in a group project thingie for school. We're working on a VB project that accesses info from a database and creates work orders and contracts for the local military base.
    We were not the original designers/coders of the program, and one of our problems is the dbgrid32.ocx thingie. We keep getting quite a few errors because of it. Whenever we load the project we get log files created and they all point to dbgrid32.ocx as the problem. I've registered this control using the regscr32.exe stuff, it still doesn't work. We have a few forms that display grid information and as of right now, they don't display anything anymore.
    I've heard something about how visual basic 6 doesn't use dbgrid32.ocx, it uses some other better activeX stuff. Is this true?? If anyone has any info on this please let me know!!!
    Thanks a bunch!!

Fanatic Member
    it may be version compatiblity error..
    is the prj created in vb 6... and u also using vb6.

btw i never listen that the grid ocx not worked well in new one..

The only thing that I can suggest is that you make sure that you have it selected in your Components list. In VB6 the file should be DBGRID32.OCX for the Databound Grid Control.