Thread: Info: Tutorial

Threaded View

Info: Tutorial

Here's the URL of my from-scratch C++ tutorial. Updates posted as I go along.
    http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0226430/...al/index.xhtml

Because I believe that users of bad software shouldn't be programmers, the page is only accessible with a really good standards-compliant browser, or alternativly a text-only browser such as lynx.

I set one requirement on all browsers: they must correctly parse XML in general and XHTML 1.1 in particular. That alone rules out Internet Explorer. Sorry. (moderators note: it apparently works in IE 10)

Text browsers need support no more than that.

Graphical browsers must have good standards support, especially CSS2. I test in Mozilla myself and I've heard that Opera 7.x supports the pages too. I don't know about Safari and Konqueror, test results are welcome. PM me.
    Last edited by si_the_geek; Jul 17th, 2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added IE 10 note
    All the buzzt
    CornedBee

"Writing specifications is like writing a novel. Writing code is like writing poetry."
    - Anonymous, published by Raymond Chen

Don't PM me with your problems, I scan most of the forums daily. If you do PM me, I will not answer your question.