Thread: Info: Tutorial

Info: Tutorial

Here's the URL of my from-scratch C++ tutorial. Updates posted as I go along.
    http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0226430/...al/index.xhtml

Because I believe that users of bad software shouldn't be programmers, the page is only accessible with a really good standards-compliant browser, or alternativly a text-only browser such as lynx.

I set one requirement on all browsers: they must correctly parse XML in general and XHTML 1.1 in particular. That alone rules out Internet Explorer. Sorry. (moderators note: it apparently works in IE 10)

Text browsers need support no more than that.

Graphical browsers must have good standards support, especially CSS2. I test in Mozilla myself and I've heard that Opera 7.x supports the pages too. I don't know about Safari and Konqueror, test results are welcome. PM me.
    Last edited by si_the_geek; Jul 17th, 2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added IE 10 note
    All the buzzt
    CornedBee

"Writing specifications is like writing a novel. Writing code is like writing poetry."
    - Anonymous, published by Raymond Chen

Don't PM me with your problems, I scan most of the forums daily. If you do PM me, I will not answer your question.

Please report any broken links to .html files, those are not supposed to be there.

Thanks.
    All the buzzt
    CornedBee

"Writing specifications is like writing a novel. Writing code is like writing poetry."

Don't PM me with your problems, I scan most of the forums daily. If you do PM me, I will not answer your question.

Stickied

Start my job in a week or so, hopefully I'll have some time to contribute some bits where I can, having been thoroughly derailed by a somewhat wasted year
    I refuse to tie my hands behind my back and hear somebody say "Bend Over, Boy, Because You Have It Coming To You".
    -- Linus Torvalds

A contribution I really could use would be a stylesheet that looks nice and works on all non-IE browsers.

Though I'll still leave mine as alternate stylesheet for those browsers that support switching (currently not one supports it properly AFAIK, even Moz falls back to the default for every new page).
    All the buzzt
    CornedBee

Cleaned this thread up a little bit.
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.