Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VB - Spell Check a Textbox

Re: VB - Spell Check a Textbox

Its all optional arguments but these are what they are in 200+

.Documents.Add([Template], [NewTemplate], [DocumentType], [Visible])

You can specify a template to base the document creation upon, specify this is to be a new template, doc type has several types it could be, and if to show the document or make it hidden.
    All these arguments can be seen in the Object Browser of Word and help file too for more info then what I posted. .
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Angry Re: VB - Spell Check a Textbox

Hello,

I'm new here and have just found your spell check VB code.

It works a treat as a function embedded in a Module/Form BUT the Word spell check box/form is hidden.

The only way I can get to see it is if I clear the desktop and then click on my program's task bar button.

Do you know a way of forcing the spell check form to the front and visible?

(I am running Vista and have noticed that your example in #44 still hides the spell check form as above. Not sure if this is relevant)

Thanks
    Last edited by purge98; Jul 27th, 2007 at 08:12 AM.

Former Admin/Moderator MartinLiss's Avatar

Sorry, but since I assume that your problem is Vista related and I don't have Vista, I can't do anything about it. You might want to try the spell checker in RobDog888's signature.

Thanks for the quick reply Mr Martin.

I have seen Mr Dog888's code but it is too bespoke/specialized for my application. I need a more integrated function like yours.

I have seen this at the MS site

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243844/en-us

which doesn't hide the Spell checker quite as well in Vista

It is visible in the taskbar however and so it just needs one to click it to reveal it. Not too bad a problem.

I will use your error checking etc to check for the presence of Word and also produce a msgbox to tell the user when the spell check is complete.

Thank you for your help Mr Martin. I have rated you

Frenzied Member

It is very good program.

Is it possible that it do spell checking for editbox loated in external applications .There is an application that has richedit box with following class information. Could you tell me how to make your program work with it? For example after typing on that application i want to hit F11 and it does spell check for me.

Furthermore, i have word xp is it possible to do spell checking as i type by getting red line under words that are not correct?

Looking forward for your reply.Thanks

RichEdit20A
    AtlAxWin71
    ATL:006ED050
    WTL_SplitterWindow
    WTL_SplitterWindow
    WTL_SplitterWindow
    WTL_SplitterWindow
    DlgGroupChat Window Class

window that holds that edit box class infor:
    DlgGroupChat Window Class
    Last edited by tony007; Oct 10th, 2007 at 07:05 AM.

Thumbs up Re: VB - Spell Check a Textbox

I'd love to use this code to add the spell check function to my app. I have users ranging from word 2K to 2K7, so does anyone know if there is a modification that is needed to include word version beyond 2k3? Also, I will be running the code from forms in access 2k7 runtime only. Doing a direct reference to spellcheck causes an error on any machines without office 2k7, so this code seems like the right trick?

Lively Member

Great code guys thanks alot.
    Last edited by Azeccia; Mar 30th, 2008 at 08:40 PM.

Hyperactive Member

Is this thread still being looked at ? I have a problem with the following...

strResult = Left(objDoc.Content, Len(objDoc.Content) - 1)

There is no 'left' in vb.net I tried substring, but objDoc.Content (or.ToString) does not give the corrected text.

Hyperactive Member

...the rest works OK in .net. What changes to I have to make for .net, or is there a totaly different approach ?

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Not sure if this thread is still active but am seeking advice as a newbie!

I have applied Martin's code (its excellent!) to my application (VB6, Office 2003 under XP). It all works fine apart from one annoying behaviour I cannot figure. When the Word spell checker form is displayed, it does not always appear at the front of the screen. But this behaviour is inconsistent - sometimes it does, and sometimes not and I have been unable to identify why this variation is occurring.
    Is there a foolproof method of forcing the spell checker form to the front of the display area when the spell checking is invoked?

Martin,

Thanks for the prompt response - I may be being dense (sorry!) but the link for Robdog's code doesn't appear to take me anywhere! Can you advise where I can see his code to try it?

Thanks

Anyone Know How To Do This In C#?

I have a VB.NET version in my signature and you can use one of those converters to convert it to C#
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Near Andromeda Galaxy, Universe

can it be done for Office 2007??????////////

sorry fr reviving this old post!!!!!!

thanx in advance
    wiz....
    PAIN n SUFFERING-Pain is Inevitable,,suffering is optional...........
    WORK EXPECTATION--U can do anything in this world if u don't look for credit.........

Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Near Andromeda Galaxy, Universe

i have been and cudn't find any thing related to Office 2007!!!!
    PAIN n SUFFERING-Pain is Inevitable,,suffering is optional...........
    WORK EXPECTATION--U can do anything in this world if u don't look for credit.........

You only need to use Late Binding in order to support multiple compatible versions. See my FAQ on Late Binding - http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=406640 for more and code examples.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123