Thread: two XP installed on one comoputer?

Hyperactive Member CaptainPinko's Avatar

two XP installed on one comoputer?

whenever i boot to XP i get a boot menu asking which version i want to load, only one of them works so how can i remove the second one?
    "There are only two things that are infinite. The universe and human stupidity... and the universe I'm not sure about." - Einstein

If you are programming in Java use www.NetBeans.org

Start, settings, control panel, system, Advanced, Startup and Recovery. Go to the System startup section and remove the checkmark for display a list and then select the version that works from the drop down list. If you are brave there should be a option to edit your Boot.ini file.
    Here is a copy of my Boot.ini
    [boot loader]
    timeout=0
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

I am dual booting 2k (C:) and XP (D:), Both are on the same harddrive. The above default boots to 2k (first partition) with no menu or delay.
    PC performance buffs have long measured hardware advances using a few simple metrics: Is it faster? Is it bigger? Does it have more blinky lights?

I not sure how you physically remove the second install of XP. If you have two windows directory's delete the one that doesn't work. You may want to rename it to see if everything works with out it. Or wait and see if somebody can give you some better advice on how to remove it.
    PC performance buffs have long measured hardware advances using a few simple metrics: Is it faster? Is it bigger? Does it have more blinky lights?