Thread: How do I make vb make a .EXE file? and Split()

How do I make vb make a .EXE file? and Split()

1) Using Split(), How would I make it so the user can enter aNY charecter, like if I split using "_", the thing is NAME_AGE_LOCATION, and I want to split that, but the user enters like Da_ve for name, itll split it to Da ve instead of Da_ve.

2) How would I make vb 'produce' a .exe file? Lets say, I want to make a command button, and when u run this and click it, I want vb to make a bin file in "C:\" named biff.exe, and this file does whatever I want, Is it harder in VB than another language? (delphi?)
    asdf

Re: How do I make vb make a .EXE file? and Split()

Originally posted by scr0p
    1) Using Split(), How would I make it so the user can enter aNY charecter, like if I split using "_", the thing is NAME_AGE_LOCATION, and I want to split that, but the user enters like Da_ve for name, itll split it to Da ve instead of Da_ve.

2) How would I make vb 'produce' a .exe file? Lets say, I want to make a command button, and when u run this and click it, I want vb to make a bin file in "C:\" named biff.exe, and this file does whatever I want, Is it harder in VB than another language? (delphi?)
    As for your first question... This may not be the prettiest thing to do but you could always replace the "_" with something else when validating user's input. Like on a LostFocus event or something.
    That way it would'nt interfere with your own delimiter?
    Either that or maybe use some odd ball character as a delimiter. One that doesn’t get used much. Less chance for things to go awry that way.
    Just my 2¢
    As for your other question... I don't have a clue, sorry.
    Give your music collection a whole new life with PartyTime Jukebox

Your q2 could be developed as hacker tools or virus....

Think in that way.. if you click a button when browsing the net, you have aleady intruded by the so-call exe you inplant which can do whatever you want to. Way too dangerous...

the "_" was an example, I actually use special ALT charecters, but what if someone enters THAT? then itll crash, I need a foolproof way to do it. Can you explain what you said here?

As for your first question... This may not be the prettiest thing to do but you could always replace the "_" with something else when validating user's input. Like on a LostFocus event or something.
    That way it would'nt interfere with your own delimiter?
    For second reply:

lol, what are you talking about? I am talking about making an exe file, an exe file does not have to be malicious.. a C compiler for example..
    asdf

For delimiter, you could use wired combination eg ~~@@~~, ``,^^,>_<

haaa...

those are just example.

You may also use some combination that is not allowed to be inputed into the system. So that you can use RegExp or replace() to set those matched user input to empty.