Thread: [RESOLVED] WebBrowser Control Or Any Other Way To Retreive Web Form Element Names

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] WebBrowser Control Or Any Other Way To Retreive Web Form Element Names

Hello everyone, I have posted duplicate threads by accident. For any replies you may help me with please refer to this thread
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=555747

Admins,, would you please be so kind to remove this thread.

I have wasted several nights over this question but I can't tell that I have found anything I would be able to work with.

While I am quite able to use webbrowser control to submit stuff I have an opposing issue and I don't even know where to begin.

I would need to create a small program that is able to load any given URL and determine if there are any form elements on the loaded page. If there are form elements I would like to know what they are, how many of them there are and what their names are.

I was contemplating finding a way to load a page in the webbrowser control, and then clicking on the form element to retrieve it's name, but all my attempts to do that have miserably failed.

I even resorted to figuring out if I could use DHTML somehow,, but my skills are not sufficient to do that without a solid example.

If anyone has any ideas or some source code to demonstrate how I could do this or something else to retrieve web form elements names and count them I would be very appreciative.

Thank you in advance,, for any information.

- - -
    I apologize in advance for having a duplicate thread posted. It wasn't intentional. There has been some sort of a glitch while posting and I had to resubmit the form. When I did I realized the first one was submitted already. For the sake of not duplicating the replies I suggest using this one http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=555747
    Last edited by Deliriumxx; Jan 30th, 2009 at 04:28 AM.