Thread: Latest Update

Fanatic Member
    I have now installed vBulletin 1.1.2 onto the server here. This is the latest version of the discussion software, and you guys are the first people to be trying it in an active board. It has not been publically released, so you should feel priviledged

Anyway, new features:
    • Printer friendly view - cuts out graphics and fancy things. Look for the link at the top of each thread.
    • Emails kept more secure - you cannot actually view each other's email now. You use a form to send an email.
    • Invisible mode - hide yourself on the 'who's online' list. This option is now separate from the 'hide email' option.
    • Member list - look for the link at the top
    • Lots more small superficial things, and many more things to make my job as admin easier

As some of you have already noticed, I have finally sorted out the post counts in the Chit Chat forum. No more posts in the forum will be added to your totals, and existing posts have been uncounted. This affects some of you more than others

Anyway, that's it from me for now.

John

Well, you did a great job on the fourms!

But another question off topic. Some post said that you are the programmer for the vBulletin software. Is this true?

Fanatic Member
    Yup I am. It's a busy life

John

Frenzied Member

Talking Ooooooooohhhhh, I like it!

I love this new bulletin board. But (yes there is always a But) I just noticed that my post count has gone down by 50 or 60. Is this because it saw that I posted these in the Chit chat forum and subtracted them? Thanks!

Conquistador
    yes it is,

also you are not allowed the image tag in your signature

transcendental analytic kedaman's Avatar
    Great job, John, I like the new vbulletin, but i'm not too sure about the very long pages with i don't know how many posts, but can you make instead of counting posts per page, make it counting lines per page, or as we have in the evolution threads, we have huge pages.

Also, i like the top 10 posters section
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    writing haskell makes your life easier:
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

I personally hate having pages. The "no page" system, in my opinion, is much easier. I hate navigating through pages.

transcendental analytic kedaman's Avatar
    There is a good thing about small pages, they don't eat up all my resources that fast
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    writing haskell makes your life easier:
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.