Thread: VB Script and problems with server

VB Script and problems with server

Hi,

I am working on a project that uses ASP, VB Script, and IIS. My problem is in submitting a form, as seen below:

<form action= "http://<%= Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") %>/scripts/filenames[2].asp" method="POST" name="frmUpload" id="frmUpload">
    <input type="submit" value="Upload" id = btnSubmit name = btnSubmit >

When I run it from my harddrive, submit is able to call a function called frmUpload_submit and process the function, which just displays a message box. However, when I use the above code, and run it from the server, it seems like it doesn't read the vb script and jumps directly to the action and goes to another webpage. ( I hope i'm making myself clear). What can be the cause of this problem? Is it the IIS (server) configurations - do i need to change certain configurations? or is there something wrong with my code.

Please help! I've spent a few days on this and can't seem to come up with a solution. Thanks!!

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

JUST A HUNCH

This is ahunch... sometimes we tend to over look the smaller things...

u sure the double quotes like the way you've shown here aren't causing a problem?

If not...
    wait for more replies.

at least I bumped ur post up

Frenzied Member seoptimizer2001's Avatar
    Why would double quotes cause any problems? As long as you use them throughout it should not be a problem.
    seoptimizer2001
    VB 6.0, VC++, VI, ASP, JavaScript, HTML,
    Perl, XML, SQL Server 2000

If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.

Please use the [code] and [vbcode] tags in your posts!
    If you don't know how to use them please go HERE!

Does IIS run ASP scripts at all? If so,

When you display the page on your server, view the source from IE and make sure that the correct URL is displayed in the action attribute.

If IIS is not processing ASP scripts at all, it sounds like someone who doesn't know what they are doing applied MS's new security lockdown tool and disabled the ASP ISAPI filter. It's easier to reinstall IIS than to try to re-enable it because the lockdown tool is VERY thorough.
    oOOo--oOOo
    __/\/\onte96
    oOOo--oOOo
    Senior Programmer/Analyst
    MCP
    monte96_@hotmail.com
    monte96@vbgarage.com

Your results may vary.. some restrictions may apply.. pricing and participation may vary.. not available in all states.. professional driver closed course..quantities limited..