Thread: Latest Update

Fanatic Member
    The last upgrade that I did on the BB software was quite a major one. I have done some significant upgrades in the security areas, so now all users are allocated to groups. If you are not logged in, or are unregistered, you cannot post or reply to topics - you must first log in and register if neccessary. Also, due to popular demand, all users can close threads that they started - therefore, if you have had your question answered, you can close it and no more replies will be accepted.

There were many more changes, some behind the scenes, some more obvious. You can now specify if you want email notification on or off by default in your profile. You can also specify which time zone you are in, thus allowing you to offset all the times that are displayed, so that they are effectively your local time. I am in British Summer Time, so my offset is +5 hours.

There is a new UBB code : the [ u ]underline[ / u ] code.

I have also improved the accuracy of the VB code highlighter, although at the expense of a little speed. This should not be noticable though. Comments *should* now be highlighted correctly.

There have been a few other cosmetic changes - individual pages in a multipage thread are now linked to from the forum page.

As you may have noticed down the bottom of the page in the version number, this code is only beta quality at the moment. There shouldn't be any errors or bugs as I have tested it fairly extensively. If you were to come across a bug, then please report it in this forum.

Thanks,

John

I was able to add a reply to the thread. However, I was unable to edit it. It showed a loging page, where I typed in my UserName and password and still it wouldn't let me edit the post.

Fanatic Member
    Serge,

I have been unable to reproduce the behaviour that you have described.

Which post are you trying to edit? (give the URL if possible).

Thanks,
    John

Fanatic Member
    Marty,

The logged in user list is on the front page of the forums, below the forum list.

http://forums.vb-world.net/

I likerd where the Hop to: box defaulted to the section you are currently at. Nice convenience. Now it doesn't work that way anymore! Hope you fix it.