FAQ v3.1 | Small Games you can make | DirectX Starter Projects
General graphics programming FAQ:
NB: Always add the green check mark to all the threads you are making that gets solved. Simply edit your first post, and add to the subject line [Resolved]
If you want to write a tutorial for this FAQ please submit them to the Utility Bank - Tutorials section. Also send a moderator a PM to tell them link, and it will be added :).
How do you make a object move at an angle (2D)?
1. What language to use for game programming:
2. Where to start (programming games in VB):
3. Simple picture box games (samples/tutorials):
4. How to use BitBlt to improve speed (samples/tutorials):
5. How to use DMA to improve speed even more (samples/tutorials):
6. How to move objects on the screen using keys (even with more then one key at the same time):
7. How to make a Game Loop in VB:
8. How to rotate or flip a picture(API & DDraw):
9. How to open up PNG files:
- Sastraxis PNG library for VB (link no longer works :()
10. How to anti alias pixels:
11. How to make your own resource file:
12. Simple Animation:
13. Side Scrolling Game:
14. Preventing leaks in VB6 code (focussed on GDI/GDI+):
If there are other questions, answers, links or tutorials you want to add to the FAQ, please post in the FAQ Discussion Thread. But if your answer is not here, it does not mean that it is not meant to be found. Try the http://www.ElectromanUK.com/Images/vbfsearch.gif button. You will probably find it there.
Ideas for more tutorials so far:
- How to check the size of an image without loading it (NoteMe on the job)
- Vector algebra
- Linear algebra
- Complex numbers and quaternions
- Game dynamics
- Artificial intelligence
- Collision detection (Keda will probably write a Math/Physics tutorial. NoteMe And Manavo are writing a VB Tutorial.
Small Games you can make quick [ProtoType]